ASUS Introduces Maximus VI Formula Z87

EChondo

http://www.techpowerup.com/187878/asus-introduces-maximus-vi-formula-z87-gaming-motherboard.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132038

Specifications
  • Chipset Intel Z87 Express
  • Memory Dual-channel DDR3 (32 GB max), 3100 MHz (OC)
  • Power delivery Extreme Engine DIGI+ III (8+2 phase) with NexFET MOSFETs, 60A BlackWing chokes, 10K black metallic solid-state capacitors
  • Expansion slots 3 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 (single @ x16, dual @ x8)
  • Three-way CrossFireX @ x8/x4/x4 (native from CPU)
    3 x PCI Express 2.0 x1
  •  
  • Multi-GPU support NVIDIA SLI / AMD 3-way CrossFireX
  • Video outputs DisplayPort/HDMI (up to 4K x 2K Ultra HD)
  • Ports 10 x SATA 6 Gbit/s
  • 8 x USB 3.0, 8x USB 2.0
  •  
  • Networking Intel Ethernet with ROG GameFirst II technology
  • mPCIe Combo II with dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0
  •  
  • Audio SupremeFX Formula, DTS Connect
  • Other Sonic Radar V, ASUS OC Panel (optional)
  • Form factor ATX

ASUS_Maximus_VI_Formula_02.jpg

ASUS_Maximus_VI_Formula_01.jpg

ASUS_Maximus_VI_Formula_05.jpg

ASUS_Maximus_VI_Formula_06.jpg

That back I/O....I'm in love.

*UPDATE*

Apparently people have been talking to JJ and he has said that this board will be available in the U.S. in the first week of August and will have a MSRP price of ~$299.99.

I haven't seen an official statement, but there you go.

its so hard to type and cry tears of joy at the same time...

do you think i can justify an upgrade from a 6 month old 3570k to a 4670k?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

its so hard to type and cry tears of joy at the same time...

do you think i can justify an upgrade from a 6 month old 3570k to a 4670k?

...Don't.

I'm pretty sure there's something else you can get--like more displays, another 7970, or lots of food.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

post-16829-0-55214200-1374909403.jpg

post-16829-0-55214200-1374909403.jpg

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

The armour on the front makes me think a sabertooth and and an rog board hooked up one night and this beast was born.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I'm not sure about having an armour on this board, I think it should stick to their sabertooth range instead of having it on multiple MOBO's. The thing I like most about this particular board is the G1/4 threads on the mosfet, it's a breath of fresh air for watercoolers rather than having random barbs

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

...Don't.

I'm pretty sure there's something else you can get--like more displays, another 7970, or lots of food.

why would you eat when you can have a mobo as amaxig as that.
This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

The armour on the front makes me think a sabertooth and and an rog board hooked up one night and this beast was born.

In the manual the armour is described as a vanity plate and it also suggests that you can mod it and not void the warranty, for instance painting it won't

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

51cba4c69a1fde4c5e1106709e66c52e.jpeg

That's why.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Because ASUS have had some pretty ridiculous BIOS issues and it's not clear whether or not they have been fixed when it comes to this board

I am good at computer

Spoiler

In the manual the armour is described as a vanity plate and it also suggests that you can mod it and not void the warranty, for instance painting it won't

thank you JJ :') 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

...Don't.

foooooooood

every gamers kryptonite. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Because ASUS have had some pretty ridiculous BIOS issues and it's not clear whether or not they have been fixed when it comes to this board

I have those problems *enter sad face here*

thank you JJ :') 

Before you get carried away, I said it "suggests". There is no clear yes or no. It's definitely removable. But there is no clear yes or no in the manual. It still may void warranty 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

wait a second. I just noticed the inside of the audio connectors isn't gold plated and this board has supreme FX audio doesn't it? Not that it makes a HUGE difference but don't all the supreme FX boards have the inner audio outs gold plated if i'm not mistaken?

Before you get carried away, I said it "suggests". There is no clear yes or no. It's definitely removable. But there is no clear yes or no in the manual. It still may void warranty 

ah i see

I have those problems *enter sad face here*

Really, what exact problems. There have been a few solutions involving using an older BIOS version

I am good at computer

Spoiler

wait a second. I just noticed the inside of the audio connectors isn't gold plated and this board has supreme FX audio doesn't it? Not that it makes a HUGE difference but don't all the supreme FX boards have the inner audio outs gold plated if i'm not mistaken?

I'm not sure but it's black inside. Maybe not enough light is reaching in the hole.

Really, what exact problems. There have been a few solutions involving using an older BIOS version

there is no bios on my board. No splash screen no bios. I can live with it though.

I'm not sure but it's black inside. Maybe not enough light is reaching in the hole.

no but it was incredibly visible on the other ROG boards, for example, maximus V gene IO: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviewimages/intel-z77-chipset-launch/asus-maximus-gene-v_io.jpg

Black and red, meh. I'ld love to see some ROG boards with different accent colours, Black with white or black with grey would be amazing

Or black and purple.

I want some purple accents...

ah i see

Here is the exact wording in the manual

post-17266-0-96329900-1374909891.png

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Yeah I could see that working :)

There's like no purple accented computer hardware :/ I really want some purple stuff, but don't want to bother voiding warranty.

no but it was incredibly visible on the other ROG boards, for example, maximus V gene IO: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviewimages/intel-z77-chipset-launch/asus-maximus-gene-v_io.jpg

The VI seems to have thicker rings around the ports. Maybe it is to look sleeker. If that's the purpose, I'd say it's working.