Build Thoughts

What are you thoughts on this gaming (@ 1080p) build for ~$1000 Thanks 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.78 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($20.00) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $978.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-02 21:12 EDT-0400

solid, i would use ethernet instead of WiFi though

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

solid, i would use ethernet instead of WiFi though

An ethernet cable would have to be quite long to get to where I'll be and powerline is kinda expensive :/

Looks good to me.

If you're planning on overclocking the CPU, get an AIO cooler or a Noctua air cooler. I would swap out the Gigabyte board for an MSI one as MSI offers you the ability to set an adaptive voltage for your Vring and Cache Frequency whereas Gigabyte does not.

BigDay

Looks good to me.

If you're planning on overclocking the CPU, get an AIO cooler or a Noctua air cooler. I would swap out the Gigabyte board for an MSI one as MSI offers you the ability to set an adaptive voltage for your Vring and Cache Frequency whereas Gigabyte does not.

Why a 4690K w/o an aftermarket cooler? Might as well save some money there if you don't plan to OC anytime soon.

I plan on getting an aftermarket cooler later. I couldn't get it in the budget right now though. 

PSU is no bueno. Change to a Supernova G2, XFX, or Seasonic unit. Also change the Barracuda drive for a Western Digital drive.

PSU es no bueno? Por que? 

PSU is no bueno. Change to a Supernova G2, XFX, or Seasonic unit. Also change the Barracuda drive for a Western Digital drive.

it is a supernova, and 650W if enough. a WD or seagate drive is better than barracuda anyday.

An ethernet cable would have to be quite long to get to where I'll be and powerline is kinda expensive :/

they sell really long cables. ethernet doesnt need a powerline

is fine

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Looks good! Only thing id personally change is the PSU brand

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

It is built by FSP, a pretty bad name in PSUs. Do as I say.

Está construido por FSP , una muy mala fama en PSU . Haz lo que digo.

it is a supernova, and 650W if enough. a WD or seagate drive is better than barracuda anyday.

is fine

I don't want a cable going through my whole house lol. and powerline adapters - http://www.newegg.com/Powerline-Networking/SubCategory/ID-294

is fine

Not a good Supernova. The only good Supernovas are the G2 and P2, Super Flower built units.

I don't want a cable going through my whole house lol. and powerline adapters - http://www.newegg.com/Powerline-Networking/SubCategory/ID-294

k. enjoy slow interweebles

make sure your psu has been reviewed positively by jonnyguru.com. they know their stuff when it comes to psu's.

BigDay