DMV Story

Guest Philosophy
Go to solution Solved by handymanshandle,

Pretty sure people who work at the DMV are there just to troll.

No, Big Brother and our Reptilian Overlords put them there to spy on us and find out our ways which is why they ask for your address, name, weight, eye color, height and social securi. /s

At DMV today, the receptionist told me to NOT grab a ticket, just to go to the express isle and the person will help me. When I got there she said "were is your ticked?" I said "the person at the other counter said I did not need one." The lady at the express isle said "well go grab one and come back." When I got back with the ticked she said "Go ahead and throw the ticket in the trash bin there. How can I help you?"

WTF  

At DMV today, the receptionist told me to NOT grab a ticket, just to go to the express isle and the person will help me. When I got there she said "were is your ticked?" I said "the person at the other counter said I did not need one." The lady at the express isle said "well go grab one and come back." When I got back with the ticked she said "Go ahead and throw the ticket in the trash bin there. How can I help you?"

WTF  

They did that to me too! What a waste of time and paper lol.

We have a saying for that in the Netherlands

"Van het kasje naar de muur gestuurd worden"

Translation: "being sent from the cabinet to the wall". Translates weird, but basically means person 1 says you should consult person 2, while person 2 says you should consult person 1

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That's not supposed to do that....

They did that to me too! What a waste of time and paper lol.I 

I thought it might be to track who is coming in and out, but they get everyone's drivers licence or permit... So what is the point then?

I agree, like is there any other purpose? 

WTF  

Interesting, Licensing Centers in Minnesota (at least the one I went to for the validation of my permit) use a digital sort of thing so when you go in you go to the kiosk and tap whatever service you need done and it'll print off a receipt with the number. Though they just call numbers randomly and don't care to see the ticket (iirc). 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

We have a saying for that in the Netherlands

"Van het kasje naar de muur gestuurd worden"

Translation: "being sent from the cabinet to the wall". Translates weird, but basically means person 1 says you should consult person 2, while person 2 says you should consult person 1

Such a great saying! Love it! :)

They did that to me too! What a waste of time and paper lol.

Correction:

What a completely valid and responsible use of resources by the DMV, a beloved branch of your local government showing the government's true efficiency in action!

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Interesting, Licensing Centers in Minnesota (at least the one I went to for the validation of my permit) use a digital sort of thing so when you go in you go to the kiosk and tap whatever service you need done and it'll print off a receipt with the number. Though they just call numbers randomly and don't care to see the ticket (iirc). 

That is nice, here in Oregon you got to a receptionist who hands you a ticket and directs you to the correct isle. 

I thought it might be to track who is coming in and out, but they get everyone's drivers licence or permit... So what is the point then?

Yeah, I don't even know, all I can say is its a very flawed system lol.

Correction:

What a completely valid and responsible use of resources by the DMV, a beloved branch of your local government showing the government's true efficiency in action!

One man comes to mind:

ron-swanson-wallpaper-02.jpg

That is nice, here in Oregon you got to a receptionist who hands you a ticket and directs you to the correct isle. 

That could be a little burdensome, the day/time I went in it wasn't too busy so I guess it could be worse. I think the part that sort of flustered me was the vision test because it was just sort of weird.

That could be a little burdensome, the day/time I went in it wasn't too busy so I guess it could be worse. I think the part that sort of flustered me was the vision test because it was just sort of weird.

It takes forever cause people chat the receptionist, and then you have literally like 30 people waiting. Each one takes about 5 mins. 

It takes forever cause people chat the receptionist, and then you have literally like 30 people waiting. Each one takes about 5 mins. 

That sucks. 

No, Big Brother and our Reptilian Overlords put them there to spy on us and find out our ways which is why they ask for your address, name, weight, eye color, height and social securi. /s