Intel loses execs

zMeul

source: http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/anton-shilov/intel-president-renee-james-other-execs-leave-the-company/

logo_intel.jpg

Intel Corp. on Thursday announced major leadership changes at the company. Renée James, president of Intel, along with a number of other key executives, plan to leave the world’s No. 1 maker of microprocessors in the coming months. The execs to leave the company were, among other things, responsible for manufacturing operations, mobile microprocessors and platforms for wearables.

Renée James, who worked at Intel for 28 years, informed the board of directors recently that she will be stepping down as president of the company to pursue an external CEO role. Ms. James will stay at Intel until January to help with the transition of the executive office. In her recent role at Intel, Renée James was responsible for manufacturing, global policy, software and services, security technologies and some other things. Among her accomplishments is Intel’s investment in Tsinghua Unigroup, a China state-owned limited liability corporation that controls Spreadtrum Communications and RDA Microelectronics, two leading developers of application processors for mobile devices in China.

As expected, a number of things will change because of the reorganization caused by the leave of Renée James. Intel’s technology and manufacturing group will report directly to CEO. Brian Krzanich, chief exec of Intel, used to be the head of technology and manufacturing group, therefore, direct control of the CEO seems to be a good news for the group, which recently faced tough times with 14nm yields and ramp. The global policy team will transition to the law and policy group under Steve Rodgers, and country presidents will each report into the sales and marketing group led by Greg Pearson. In addition, Intel will integrate its security organization (formerly the independent McAfee division) into Intel communication and devices group led by Aicha Evans.

---

very big changes at Intel, one would wonder about the state of the semiconductor industry and the constant push for smaller nodes versus returns

as it turns out, Intel has yet to fill it's 14nm manufacturing capacity

and, to make things worse, Intel has delayed yet again (rumored) it's 10nm process node: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/394306-intel-reportedly-delays-10nm-mass-production-poor-yelds/

For working at intel for 28 years she certainly looks younger then I expected.

OT: This will probably hinder Intel for awhile, management wise, things might move along slower for sure from this but I think it won't effect anything major. like skylake, Cannonlake and such.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit