Asus Z97-P 5-Way optimization? (one-click overclocking)

This is my first post on a forum so don't be mad at me if I'm at the wrong category. Also I'm Portuguese so sorry for my English!!!

My question is right up in the title: Does the Asus Z97-P support 5-way optimization and thus capable of one-click overclocking?

I´m choosing between to mobos that fit my budget: Asus Z97-P or Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3.

Which one would it work best for a simple overclocking experience on a K processor?

I know that the Asus's boards have the 5 way optimization but not all of them have and I couldn't find any information if the Asus Z97-P supports this feature...

The gigabyte model has an app center which is a utility and in there they have system tweaking. It allows what they call easy tuning (basically one click overclocking) http://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/369/images/system-tweaking.html

Which one should I choose??? I think Asus one looks better for my build and it has more feature even if this board doesn't support one-click overcloking.

This is my first post on a forum so don't be mad at me if I'm at the wrong category. Also I'm Portuguese so sorry for my English!!!

My question is right up in the title: Does the Asus Z97-P support 5-way optimization and thus capable of one-click overclocking?

I´m choosing between to mobos that fit my budget: Asus Z97-P or Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3.

Which one would it work best for a simple overclocking experience on a K processor?

I know that the Asus's boards have the 5 way optimization but not all of them have and I couldn't find any information if the Asus Z97-P supports this feature...

The gigabyte model has an app center which is a utility and in there they have system tweaking. It allows what they call easy tuning (basically one click overclocking) http://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/369/images/system-tweaking.html

Which one should I choose??? I think Asus one looks better for my build and it has more feature even if this board doesn't support one-click overcloking.

AI Suite 3 (comes with almost every ASUS board) is what you would be using for that functionality. I believe there is an optimization "one click" setting through the BIOS as well, however I would not recommend either option to OC. This goes for every board manufacturer out there. Software overclocking does more harm than good 9/10 times by either over volting, or over volting and underclocking, meaning you'll be running at a higher voltage and lower clock than what you could achieve manually.

Best advice is to buy the board that has all the features you want at the cheapest price. Every Z97 board is going to get the same maximum OC as every other Z97 board, provided you take the time to educate yourself on OCing and plug through it manually.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

go for the one that looks beter, thats my opinion. its z97 anyway so you can over clock either way

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Asus's Auto overclocking stuff has come a long way, and it may be the best around and it doesn't apply too much voltage, but for me atleast, the OC it gave me for my 4790k was unstable even at the max stress test duration, so be warned, it isn't the best thing ever. That said, Haswell is a crappy platform to OC on so I imagine it would be hard to make an auto OC utility for it. There were people with 4770k who couldn't even get past 4.2GHz.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Basic OC'ing is easy. Asus overclocking thingy might not work, because every chip can't achieve the same results. Asus software couldn't OC my CPU to 4.6Ghz and 4.4Ghz was stable for only two hours. This varies from chip to chip, but OC'ing manually can be as easy as setting multiplier from 44-47 and setting vcore to 1.25v-1.3v .

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M