i7 950, GTX 980Ti, Bottleneck ?

Go to solution Solved by Dzzope,

It depends on the game.. If the game is particularly cpu heavy then yes it will.. if the game is particularly GPU heavy, then it won't. As with everything, it depends on the uses.

But considering the OP has a 32"TV, and the age of the rest of the rig.. I would say a 970 or similar would be plenty

Also, everything you have is built for overclocking.. If your not then your doing it wrong.. You'll get 4.0Ghz out of a 950 pretty easy.. there are loads of yutube video's and guides.

I have i7 950, & I'm planing to get GTX 980Ti. Will my Processor going to be Bottlenecked ? ( Not going to do Cpu or Gpu Overclocking ).

No it should be fine :) Two 980Tis and you may start to notice it.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I have i7 950, & I'm planing to get GTX 980Ti. Will my Processor going to be Bottlenecked ? ( Not going to do Cpu or Gpu Overclocking ).

Yes a tiny bit. But you should be fine.

It will, but more of a HARDLY type situation... and it will vary game to game to be honest.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yes a tiny bit. But you should be fine.

Tiny bit that can cause problems while I'm playing Games ?

You should definitely try overclocking the cpu  ;)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It depends on the game.. If the game is particularly cpu heavy then yes it will.. if the game is particularly GPU heavy, then it won't. As with everything, it depends on the uses.

But considering the OP has a 32"TV, and the age of the rest of the rig.. I would say a 970 or similar would be plenty

Also, everything you have is built for overclocking.. If your not then your doing it wrong.. You'll get 4.0Ghz out of a 950 pretty easy.. there are loads of yutube video's and guides.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

It will, but more of a HARDLY type situation... and it will vary game to game to be honest.

I will be playing games like, The Witcher 3, Gta 5, Fracry, Assassin's Creed....so on, AAA Games.

Tiny bit that can cause problems while I'm playing Games ?

No problems but it will result in a bit lower fps but I would strongly suggest OC'ing your cpu.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a 950, and it's running happily @ 4ghz, and I'm also planning on getting a 980ti, namely the zotac amp! extreme.
My question is that I have slight concerns with my Corsair CX600 v2 PSU.
Also I have 3x2gb of mushkin blackline 1600mhz ddr3 (running @ 1400mhz (runnig @ 1400 because of cpu oc) 7-8-7-20), and I thought i should expand from 6 to 12gb but i cant get those chips any more, so I need to know about mixing ram.
The only 2gb chips I can get are corsair value 1333 9-9-9-24 chips.

Thanks

-Aron