4K gaming , Graphics card

For 4k, go AMD. Their GPUs, even their mid tier ones, are much better at it then Nvidia.

Nvidia has memory bandwidth issues (even 980Ti and Titan X have a narrow bus compared to AMD, so that is the most likely cause of their suffering at high resolutions).

2x 390 > 980 TI

More VRAM, higher bus capacity, about same price.

However in games that CF/SLI doesnt work, 980 TI would "win back" that crown.

Now, if you are looking at good performance no matter what, you cannot go wrong with the upcoming DUAL FURY or the, now slightly old, but completely bonkers 295x2.

Both of these cards will be monsters at 4k, where they really get to stretch their legs.

Exactly, if thats JUST stock speeds wait until the Fury X is fully unlocked driver side...Stock speeds do matter regardless as it can determine the outcome of future overclocks bar the Silicone Lottery.

Why exactly are we supposed to wait for unlocked fury x? Will it happen? Do you know it will happen? Is there are reason it's locked? 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Why exactly are we supposed to wait for unlocked fury x? Will it happen? Do you know it will happen? Is there are reason it's locked? 

Well a Stock Fury X v an Oc'ed 980ti is retarded because it's not fair if the 980ti has better drivers and is pre-OC'ed on most cards, I have no idea, soon I hope I am going to get a Fury X so I hope Scamdows10 is ready with DX12 :P

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Well a Stock Fury X v an Oc'ed 980ti is retarded because it's not fair if the 980ti has better drivers and is pre-OC'ed on most cards, I have no idea, soon I hope I am going to get a Fury X so I hope Scamdows10 is ready with DX12 :P

Getting Fury X at the moment makes no sense.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Getting Fury X at the moment makes no sense.

But that almost 100% CF scaling. :P

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

980Ti is still not quite enough for 4K. I guess it depends on your framerate tolerance. 

- Battlefield 4 for me is locked to 60 FPS. But I get some weird hitching every now and then.

- Witcher 3 locked at 30 FPS (that game does not handle framerate variance very well - feels awful). I don't even think SLI 980 TIs will get this to a constant 60. Some settings would have to be turned down.

- GTAV can do 60, but once you get into the country where there's a lot of grass, it will drop below. Turn down the grass setting and maybe....

- Batman Arkham Knight... yeah, 30 during the batmobile segments if you're lucky and that game doesn't even do SLI right now.

I always prefer a single card over SLI\crossfire due to incompatibility with games. Seems to be happening a lot these days. And just about every single game I've played at 4K recently uses more than 3GB VRAM.