How to beat my friends bench mark scored

skullrebell
Go to solution Solved by skullrebell,

Did you enable SLI?

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7574380? Myles can suck it now Muhahahahahahahahahaha thank you for pointing out what was wrong.

the scaling with a third 970 is not  that great from what ive seen,

So you have two 970's already? if so the benchmark wasn't seeing it. It only says you used 1 970.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I guess that mean his is already OCed then?  xD

That was mine but yes his cpu is overclocked to 4.5ghz turbo

So you have two 970's already? if so the benchmark wasn't seeing it. It only says you used 1 970.

scroll lower in the bench mark it shows both, it also lists the intergrated graphics in my cpu, and seperates the cards,

Its a Championship not a Belt!

Now, I'm more confused.  Apparently, your processor is already at 4.5.  But, you haven't OCed it.  Did you build this or?

my friend assembled it  for me because i basicly did a rebuild , after software issues, and i didnt tell him to oc, so it shouldnt be oced.

But, it is saying it is OCed to 4.5.  xD  Wut?  Might wanna get hwmonitor and/or CPU-z to confirm this. 

Its definetly ocd to 4.5ghz.Yet its still 1k behind my 2500k quite weird

scroll lower in the bench mark it shows both, it also lists the intergrated graphics in my cpu, and seperates the cards,

no second 970 shows for me on your link. The benchmark only used one card.

s4yHS8l.png

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Gunna guess it isn't bridged right then.

no its bridged, with the bridge that came with my mobo, geforce is detecting it so no clue

no its bridged, with the bridge that came with my mobo, geforce is detecting it so no clue

Well you would beat him if your gpus were actually working in sli

when I OC my gtx 980 i go from 11627 to 13438 on firestrike and that is just conservative 24/7 overclocks (no special settings for the benchmarks just what I use everyday).  I've never OC a 970 but you should be able to find plenty of quick tutorials or threads out there

edit: and yeah if you are running 2 970's your score should be higher.  are they working properly in other applications like games etc?  HW monitor should tell you I believe, if not get Afterburner and it'll take care of your overclocking and monitoring

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Well you would beat him if your gpus were actually working in sli

so how do i get it showing properly becuase acording to geforce experience  their working fine?

Gunna guess it isn't bridged right then.

no second 970 shows for me on your link. The benchmark only used one card.

-snip-

rrp5rp.png

So this is my score http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7573985?

And this is my friend Myles's, who i just gave one of my spare r9 290s http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5266025

How can i get a better score than him?

Make your computer better then him/her. simple ;)

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Core i7 4790K - Corsair H100i - Corsair vengeance 16 GBs ( @2133) - Asus GTX 980 - Intel SSD 730 (480 GBs) - Seagate Barracuda 3 TB - CM Cosmos SE - Corsair AX 760i 

Bugout Laptop: Dell E6430 - i5 3340M - 8GB Ram (@1600) - HDD 1TB WD - SSD 240GB intel (boot drive).

Make your computer better then him/her. simple ;)

clearly you havent read the additional 2 pages....

clearly you havent read the additional 2 pages....

don't have time to read every post i just played my part according to your question ......:)

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Core i7 4790K - Corsair H100i - Corsair vengeance 16 GBs ( @2133) - Asus GTX 980 - Intel SSD 730 (480 GBs) - Seagate Barracuda 3 TB - CM Cosmos SE - Corsair AX 760i 

Bugout Laptop: Dell E6430 - i5 3340M - 8GB Ram (@1600) - HDD 1TB WD - SSD 240GB intel (boot drive).

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001167.htm I'm guessing you didn't enable SLI?

ive never turned off sli, and theres no way i was getting the 139fps on gta v pc atr 1080 on jjust one 970, plus i dont live with anyone or thing that could have turned on my pc to alter that setting, oddly enfough it was off, time to re run.

also aparently according to the leader boards for the test, if i add a third gtx 970 and oc all of them to 1300mhz, i will be able to beat the number one spot, since i have twice their memory, and my cpu which is aparently oc'ed  is oced higher than theirs.