How can I stop my gpu's from sagging?

Bleeding Moot

i have 2 gtx 970's in sli and they both sag but the bottom one does it more than the other. its clicked right into the pci slot but it still sags. is the heat of 2 reference cards weakening the pcb?

Fishing wire can do the trick, too. String it through the end and tie to the top of the case.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Sagging occurs naturally due to gravity, the cards are heavy. Backplates usually add some more strength to the card. 

There are support brackets you can get, but it won't look really good in a case.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

i have 2 gtx 970's in sli and they both sag but the bottom one does it more than the other. its clicked right into the pci slot but it still sags. is the heat of 2 reference cards weakening the pcb?

I'd recommend laying the case down, my R7790 is also sagging. Or you can build a platform under the second card, make sure to make exhaust holes

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Get them a gym memership xD

it likely isnt because of the heat, but more than the gpu is only held in place on the left, allowing the right to sag a bit.

Most of the ways to stop the sag is quite ghetto (except for using a backplate), like attaching a fishing line or something like that to the edge of the gpu, and attaching it to the top of the case

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Fishing wire can do the trick, too. String it through the end and tie to the top of the case.

ghetto but might do the trick.

already tried it, the lego just cracks from all the weight!

I don't think you're using real Lego.

Mother of god... It's hopeless

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

ghetto but might do the trick.

If you don't want ghetto I'm sure there are card expansion things to purchase that act as a brace. It might cost ya a pretty penny though.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'd recommend laying the case down, my R7790 is also sagging. Or you can build a platform under the second card, make sure to make exhaust holes

i cant really lay the case down as the front intake is on the side that would be on to ground

i cant really lay the case down as the front intake is on the side that would be on to ground

front intakes on the side?! what case are you using? you can lay them on the ground either way, cpu facing down or up.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Just find a stick outside and put it under the GPU so that It supports it like a beam.

Twigs and Sticks

That's all you need.

Fishing wire works wonders and is transparent.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

front intakes on the side?! what case are you using? you can lay them on the ground either way, cpu facing down or up.

its an h440, it has the intake on the side at the front.

Easy. Throw them cards into the bin and buy a pair of new ones. 

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

its an h440, it has the intake on the side at the front.

That is a very easy solution, just put legs from legos or books on the corners and your case is elevated, intake from top and side

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

.. I'm like 15st well built chappy.. trust me i weigh much more than a 970 and when i step on a lego brick it single handedly reduces me to tears and just sits there planning's next assault on me with out so much as me denting it!! 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Buy one of these

DP1EbpZ.jpg

Thats fucking brilliant, to bad their marketing department took a day off.

30 seconds of digging, you can order it from them. 13.59USD

https://www.pugetsystems.com/store/item.php?cat=Case+Mods&id=10588&com=d41d8cd9

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

Thats fucking brilliant, to bad their marketing department took a day off.

30 seconds of digging, you can order it from them. 13.59USD

https://www.pugetsystems.com/store/item.php?cat=Case+Mods&id=10588&com=d41d8cd9

I've met them and their founder at PDX LAn 25. They are great peeps and very honest.  And you can easily spray paint the brace for it look better in your case