will the cpu bottleneck the gpu?

goncavaz

it will bottleneck sometime? Well, throwing out my i5 now, going for a 5930x

Wait what? The build you linked to paired an FX-6300 with an R9 290. A Haswell i5 would NOT bottleneck the R9 290.

The i5 4690k will not bottleneck the r9 290 

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

What game are you playing ? It might bottleneck ... 

Maybe get a cheaper case then put that money into the CPU 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Wait what? The build you linked to paired an FX-6300 with an R9 290. A Haswell i5 would NOT bottleneck the R9 290.

1.I did not post it.

2.Take a look at the post i quoted, He said it could bottleneck

The i5 4690k will not bottleneck the r9 290 

I never said it could, I was speaking generally

1.I did not post it.

2.Take a look at the post i quoted, He said it could bottleneck

I never said it could, I was speaking generally

Every build has a limiting factor if you will. The idea is to make it so that they're all around the same limit. The problem of "bottlenecking" is when one piece of hardware's performance limit is way lower than all the others. An i5 will NOT bottleneck an R9 290 in any way. It CAN be the limiting factor sometimes, but I wouldn't call this situation a bottleneck since that has extra implications. I disagree with @Glenwing in his assessment. To be fair though, this is just semantics and he is correct about it sometimes being a limiting factor, especially if you're trying to push 144hz in some games.

This^^

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Every build has a limiting factor if you will. The idea is to make it so that they're all around the same limit. The problem of "bottlenecking" is when one piece of hardware's performance limit is way lower than all the others. An i5 will NOT bottleneck an R9 290 in any way. It CAN be the limiting factor sometimes, but I wouldn't call this situation a bottleneck since that has extra implications. I disagree with @Glenwing in his assessment. To be fair though, this is just semantics and he is correct about it sometimes being a limiting factor, especially if you're trying to push 144hz in some games.

An i5 will rarely bottleneck which is what I said, in the majority of games it won't but in some it will. I'm not trying to be technical here, I get bottlenecks in games I play myself, and I do mean actual bottlenecks, not just "a limiting factor on my fps". Particularly older games which are not heavily multithreaded, like StarCraft II or Planetside 2, which people do still play. In SC2 with my 780 Ti, even paired with a 5.0GHz Sandy Bridge CPU with all the CPU settings at minimum, all the GPU settings at maximum, AA on, at 4K, I'm CPU-bound. Heavily. Like, nowhere near high GPU usage. Absolutely fits the definition of a bottleneck.

So like I said, an i5 will rarely bottleneck, meaning it usually won't but in some rare cases it might. If he doesn't play any games where this happens, then it will never bottlleneck, hence it depends on the games he plays.