Headset: Mmx 300 vs Dt 770 Pro and ModMic 4.0

Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

Hey there smile.gif  

I want to buy a new headset and i thought about the Beyerdynamic mmx 300 or the Dt 770 Pro with the ModMic 4.0. Because my pc only has a bad soundcard and just one 3.5mm jack, i would also add a usb soundcard like this one :

Do you want an amazing microphone and really good headphones? then get the MMX300

Do you want amazing audio, and dont caare about the mic? DT770s and mod mic

You can head how good the microphone here is in my video (not attempting to advertise, I just know its a good source of the raw audio)

Hey there smile.gif  

I want to buy a new headset and i thought about the Beyerdynamic mmx 300 or the Dt 770 Pro with the ModMic 4.0. Because my pc only has a bad soundcard and just one 3.5mm jack, i would also add a usb soundcard like this one :

http://www.amazon.de/Creative-Soundblaster-Play-Soundka...

Will this soundcard work on this system? How much Ohm should i buy if i buy the Dt 770 Pro because there is a 80 Ohm One on Ebay for 80. Or should i buy the 32 Ohm one?

Have a nice day smile.gif ! 

Tim 

Definitely the DT 770 Pro. I'd go for the 32Ohms one, so you can use them on anything. 

Hey there smile.gif  

Do you want an amazing microphone and really good headphones? then get the MMX300

Do you want amazing audio, and dont caare about the mic? DT770s and mod mic

You can head how good the microphone here is in my video (not attempting to advertise, I just know its a good source of the raw audio)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you replace the amazon link with this one, unskilled people like me will be able to read it http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundblaster-Play-Soundkarte-extern/dp/B0028RZ23I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435592720&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+soundcard

Personally, i would go with the dt770 pro because i could use it with by phone but i would get a better dac that the one in the amazon link

If you replace the amazon link with this one, unskilled people like me will be able to read it http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundblaster-Play-Soundkarte-extern/dp/B0028RZ23I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435592720&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+soundcard

Personally, i would go with the dt770 pro because i could use it with by phone but i would get a better dac that the one in the amazon link

Why would you need a better Dac? What would that do?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

But is the ModMic really that bad? or is there a better solution on the same prize level ? 

And if i would buy the 990 pro wich are open will your friends here your sound form the headphones in Skype or Ts?

@Fluffinator He says that the sound card in your computer is rubbish. This one is about what most computers are. If you want better sound, spend a little more. http://www.amazon.de/Express-Normalizer-Virtual-Speaker-Shifter/dp/B007RMMYFI http://www.amazon.com/Express-Normalizer-Virtual-Speaker-Shifter/dp/B007RMMYFI would be a good option. (yes i converted it to amazon.de just for you)

A DAC or a digital to analogue converter converts the ones and zeros to analogue sound. the better DAC you have, the better the sound quality you will have.

@Fluffinator He says that the sound card in your computer is rubbish. This one is about what most computers are. If you want better sound, spend a little more. http://www.amazon.de/Express-Normalizer-Virtual-Speaker-Shifter/dp/B007RMMYFI http://www.amazon.com/Express-Normalizer-Virtual-Speaker-Shifter/dp/B007RMMYFI would be a good option. (yes i converted it to amazon.de just for you)

A DAC or a digital to analogue converter converts the ones and zeros to analogue sound. the better DAC you have, the better the sound quality you will have.

ummmmm.... " the better DAC you have, the better the sound quality you will have." Explain to me the science behind this.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

@timaanator what's your budget on the soundcard and or dac/amp?

@Fluffinator i have an imac 2013 21 inch gt 750m an i think the soundcard is not the best, thats why the usb dac.. im going to save for a gaming pc but for now, i need an extern solution for about 20 bugs ... :D 

More expensive dacs use higher quality components and so have better sound.

What does the sound do? Does it have a lot of interferance?

@Fluffinator i have an imac 2013 21 inch gt 750m an i think the soundcard is not the best, thats why the usb dac.. im going to save for a gaming pc but for now, i need an extern solution for about 20 bugs ... :D

More expensive dacs use higher quality components and so have better sound.

Sound doesn't magically get better the higher up you go in price of a dac, pretty much determined by you're headphones or speakers. Also that didn't explain anything, that's like saying higher quality shoes mean's you can run faster because better quality materials which means more traction which isn't how it works.

What does the sound do? Does it have a lot of interferance? Sound doesn't magically get better the higher up you go in price of a dac, pretty much determined by you're headphones or speakers. Also that didn't explain anything, that's like saying higher quality shoes mean's you can run faster because better quality materials which means more traction which isn't how it works.

When you have great headphones, the quality of the audio is held back by the quality of the dac. By getting a better dac, it allows you to utilise the full audio quality of the headphones.

@Fluffinator i also have a pair of sennheiser momentum. Cant i just use these one with the ModMic 4.0 ? 

When you have great headphones, the quality of the audio is held back by the quality of the dac. By getting a better dac, it allows you to utilise the full audio quality of the headphones.

no...just no..... that's so wrong so what you're saying is a Dac can make a headphone sound better? 

@Fluffinator i also have a pair of sennheiser momentum. Cant i just use these one with the ModMic 4.0 ? 

If you wanted you could.

I am saying that good headphones can be held back by the sound quality of the DAC.

That's still wrong though...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)