A burning question in regards to the HTC One M7

So, I've had an HTC One m7 since around august of last year, and for the most part, it's been pretty good, particularly after I installed a custom rom and improved my batter life. This was until two weeks ago, when I wanted to transfer some music to the phone. I was having issues with it not showing up in explorer (not something that new). I decided I'd try plugging it into my USB hub. I did, it didn't work, and I noticed the cable was a little warm. I unplugged it from the phone, and discovered that there was a billow of smoke and some melted plastic.

The odd thing is, other then the internals of the port being a little melted, the phone charges fine, and syncs more or less fine. As such, I sort of wanted to get another opinion on whether I should keep and continue to use the phone or if I should try and return/replace the phone from where I purchased it.

EDIT - I failed to mention before, but I was using HTC's official cable. Also, sorry for the horrible pun.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

If the phone works fine, chances are it was a faulty cable rather then faulty phone. Don't use cheap aftermarket ones. It doesn't hurt to ask if the place you bought it from will replace it, but there's always a chance that they can refuse to do so due to physical damage as a result of the user.

"Rawr XD"

If the phone works fine, chances are it was a faulty cable rather then faulty phone. Don't use cheap aftermarket ones. It doesn't hurt to ask if the place you bought it from will replace it, but there's always a chance that they can refuse to do so due to physical damage as a result of the user.

I just realized, I failed to mention that it was the official HTC one, sorry.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Take both the wallwart/charger and phone back to HTC for examination.

Charging circuitry might be screwed.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1