CPU 105 degrees?!

Go to solution Solved by SImoHayha,

Well, today I decided to clean my CPU heatsink of dust (there was a lot), and just put it back on. After I put it back on I wanted to check if my CPU temperatures were lower then before the cleaning (as expected), but RealTemp showed me a stable 105 degrees Celcius, which doesn't seem legit since the air near my CPU (i5-3570k, standard heatsink) feels cooler then before.

I decided to launch my BIOS to check on voltages, ect. But when I got into it I even got an error about my CPU Temperature.

Is there anything I can do to make the BIOS/RealTemp get my temperature right and not get scared to death when launching one of both?

Thanks in regards,

Lars

When you take off a heatsink. You need to replace the thermal paste. Because now you have made air bubbles happen in the paste. Which affects the cooling performance.

Well, today I decided to clean my CPU heatsink of dust (there was a lot), and just put it back on. After I put it back on I wanted to check if my CPU temperatures were lower then before the cleaning (as expected), but RealTemp showed me a stable 105 degrees Celcius, which doesn't seem legit since the air near my CPU (i5-3570k, standard heatsink) feels cooler then before.

I decided to launch my BIOS to check on voltages, ect. But when I got into it I even got an error about my CPU Temperature.

Is there anything I can do to make the BIOS/RealTemp get my temperature right and not get scared to death when launching one of both?

Thanks in regards,

Lars

Ya so you gonna wanna keep dat off fo now so nothing don't melt

But seriously. when you put the cooler back on did you clean off the old thermal paste and apply new paste?

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

wtf 105c shouldnt Intel t case  kick in 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Did you put new thermal paste on?

To be honest, no.

Even though everything seems to run fine. The thermal paste is like 3 weeks old.

no thermal paste

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

To be honest, no.

Even though everything seems to run fine. The thermal paste is like 3 weeks old.

Yeah taking off the heatsink means new paste 99.9999999% of the time.

There was still more than enough termal paste in my eyes.

Thanks in regards,

Lars

When you take off a heatsink. You need to replace the thermal paste. Because now you have made air bubbles happen in the paste. Which affects the cooling performance.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Thanks in regards,

Lars

try putting the dust back on the heatsink   :) but you should always put new tim on after taking the cooler off 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Thermal Paste getting here in 2 days, thanks for helping me, the cpu noob. Let's have one last laugh: When I built my pc I also bought a CPU of the wrong socket.

Good Night!