The X star 1440P Samsung Panal

Glaith

What are your thoughts on this screen that Logan reviewed on Tek Syndicate im highly considering on buying one just wanted some more feed back.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Looks fantastic, If I had the money i'd go for the pixel perfect in an instant.

hello

Korean monitor, I would avoid.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Glathier, on 25 Jul 2013 - 3:14 PM, said:

What are your thoughts on this screen that Logan reviewed on Tek Syndicate im highly considering on buying one just wanted some more feed back.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Matt-FREE-EXPRESS-X-STAR-DP2710-LED-27-QHD-2560x1440-Samsung-PLS-Monitor-/330965189439?pt=AU_comp_monitor&hash=item4d0f10033f&_uhb=1

These are the same monitors as the Qnix 2710 which i have..They also OC to at least 96hz and most do 120hz..If you are in the states or canada then you can buy from this site which has a 30 day no questions asked return policy..Andthey will pay for return shipping..They also offer a warranty or you can get a square trade warranty which will give you all your money back for up to 3 years..

http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/Default.asp

Also if you want to see the issues you could run into read through the Official club page here..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

No would be my feedback the build quality is bad. Skullbringer took apart his Korean monitor and the metal flexed as if it was almost paper.

No say all the people that don't own one... Yes say the people who have looked into them. They are no more risky then the dell 1440p monitor when you buy the square trade deal and its still 250$ less

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

If you get a perfect pixel one I would say go for it

And as long as it has a good panel, how much does build quality really matter in a monitor? You just have to touch it a couple times a day to turn on and off

I got the Pixel Perfect one,money well spent!

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770k@4.5Ghz |GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW B) Signature 2 |Motherboard: MSI Mpower Z77 Big Bang |RAM: 16GB G.skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 MHz |HDD: WD 2TB|Case: Corsair Obsidian 800DPSU: Corsair TX850|MouseLogitech G400 + Steelseries Qck Heavy |Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow |Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p :rolleyes: |Headies: CM Storm Sirus S 5.1 

No say all the people that don't own one... Yes say the people who have looked into them. They are no more risky then the dell 1440p monitor when you buy the square trade deal and its still 250$ less

This is exactly what i said in another thread yesterday...The people who say no are people who've never owned or seen one. The ones who say yes,are ones that have owned them,like myself. If i'd had bought something and didn't like it,don't you think i would have told you about all the problems i had in detail? Double like your post!

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770k@4.5Ghz |GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW B) Signature 2 |Motherboard: MSI Mpower Z77 Big Bang |RAM: 16GB G.skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 MHz |HDD: WD 2TB|Case: Corsair Obsidian 800DPSU: Corsair TX850|MouseLogitech G400 + Steelseries Qck Heavy |Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow |Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p :rolleyes: |Headies: CM Storm Sirus S 5.1 

This is exactly what i said in another thread yesterday...The people who say no are people who've never owned or seen one. The ones who say yes,are ones that have owned them,like myself. If i'd had bought something and didn't like it,don't you think i would have told you about all the problems i had in detail? Double like your post!

I don't own one yet. I have done alot of research into them to make they are decent though and I have seen more complaints about the dell monitor then any of the korean ones.But my new job seems promising so I should be getting one soon.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really intriqued by this monitor, but how does it compare to the Dell U2713HM and the Asus PB278Q?

I'm really intriqued by this monitor, but how does it compare to the Dell U2713HM and the Asus PB278Q?

The quality of the panel is great, (depending on if you get a good screen) but the stand on it lacks a bit and and everything else kind of lacks but if you aren't concerned about anything besides the screen then it's great. here is a american website that offers a full 30 day money back, and it has both xstar and qnix (the cheapest and best of the bunch korean monitors) http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-II-Monitor-p/qni1.htm

Also it can compare to the asus and dell just not in build quality as in the stand ect...

The quality of the panel is great, (depending on if you get a good screen) but the stand on it lacks a bit and and everything else kind of lacks but if you aren't concerned about anything besides the screen then it's great. here is a american website that offers a full 30 day money back, and it has both xstar and qnix (the cheapest and best of the bunch korean monitors) http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-II-Monitor-p/qni1.htm

Also it can compare to the asus and dell just not in build quality as in the stand ect...

Thanks! Yea, I was only interested in the quality of the panel as I expected the quality of the casing and stand would be low but those don't concern me as I can always just replace the stand, though I do hear that requires removing the whole back in order to get rid of the peg.

The guys over at tech syndicate have been saying basically nothing but good things about these Korean panels.  There are a few people in the tech world whose advice I take pretty seriously, Linus is usually one and Logan as well.  If Logan says he thinks something is quality then I'm going with that.  He recently did a video with a dell, an x star (I believe), and a shimian and he and Wendle (sp) both said that the 2 Korean monitors looked better than the dell they used.  They did of course say that the dell's main intended use was not for gaming but it still sounds like these displays are WELL worth the money.  They have also stated that the stands, enclosures, and built in speakers are pure garbage so bear that in mind haha.

Thanks for linking that US site.  I was already going to buy one of these but now that I know there is an American supplier I feel way better about the shipping process.  I feel like there is way less of a chance of it getting damaged if it's coming from inside the states opposed to coming all the way across the Pacific ocean haha.

If I wasn't so addicted to proper 120hz I'd be all over these korean monitors ^^

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

The guys over at tech syndicate have been saying basically nothing but good things about these Korean panels.  There are a few people in the tech world whose advice I take pretty seriously, Linus is usually one and Logan as well.  If Logan says he thinks something is quality then I'm going with that.  He recently did a video with a dell, an x star (I believe), and a shimian and he and Wendle (sp) both said that the 2 Korean monitors looked better than the dell they used.  They did of course say that the dell's main intended use was not for gaming but it still sounds like these displays are WELL worth the money.  They have also stated that the stands, enclosures, and built in speakers are pure garbage so bear that in mind haha.

Just watched that video. They also mentioned the Dell uses a CCFL backlight and that its a few years old. Just thought that was worth noting as well. 

Just watched that video. They also mentioned the Dell uses a CCFL backlight and that its a few years old. Just thought that was worth noting as well. 

Yeah, would be interesting to see what they have to say about comparing the images with all LED backlit monitors.  I imagine it would raise the image quality especially as it ages.  I wonder how much though.  I've never been able to see the difference side by side between CCFL and LED backlit displays.

I plan on picking one up sometime.  I'm going to debezel any monitor I buy so I would much rather do it with a crappy, poor quality bezel and stand like this than something from Asus/Dell.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

If I wasn't so addicted to proper 120hz I'd be all over these korean monitors ^^

I've seen some tests of the overclocked monitors and they are truly running at 120hz.  Can't find the link but they used a dslr and took 120fps burst shots comparing to a 120hz 1080p and they were virtually indistinguishable.  The overlord tempest is a 1440p you can buy that is cherry picked and overclocked to 120hz.  Most xstar and qnix monitors can get to 100hz or 120hz. 

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

I've seen some tests of the overclocked monitors and they are truly running at 120hz.  Can't find the link but they used a dslr and took 120fps burst shots comparing to a 120hz 1080p and they were virtually indistinguishable.  The overlord tempest is a 1440p you can buy that is cherry picked and overclocked to 120hz.  Most xstar and qnix monitors can get to 100hz or 120hz. 

Mine will do 126hz max.. Anything over gets my vertical lines.. And for what I paid playing BF3 at 1440p 120hz is Amazing.. :)

Mine will do 126hz max.. Anything over gets my vertical lines.. And for what I paid playing BF3 at 1440p 120hz is Amazing.. :)

._. With those graphics cards your price to performance is truly amazing.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball