What is that cheap and best Mbo for OC i5 4690K

Hi i am buying my budget gaming build i5 4690k,seasonic 620w s12II  is a msi Z97 Guard-Pro or GIGABYTE Ga-z97m-d3h Motherboard enought for a decent OC say like 4.3ghz

yes, all z97 boards overclock basically the same.

edit: Although that is no guaranty for a good overclock, as it all depends on the silicon lottery with your specific cpu.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Asus H97 Pro, you will need to mess around with finding the bios that works however. Asus unlocked overclocking and then Intel decided to be assholes and re-lock it in later updates.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Both of those will work just fine. Clock speed is based off luck but chances areyou can get 4.3 with a half decent air cooler something similar to hyper x212 evo ect.

Z97 has wide range of cheap and expensive stuff

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

Asus H97 Pro, you will need to mess around with finding the bios that works however. Asus unlocked overclocking and then Intel decided to be assholes and re-lock it in later updates.

Why would you buy that board when its the price of a Z97 board lol

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Why would you buy that board when its the price of a Z97 board lol

Because it wasn't the last time I looked in Australia.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

yea the problem is in my country tho i5 4690k is 300$ and Msi Z97  guard pro is 150$

my budget was to get the i5 4460 (240$) but before ordering i just realised that buying 4690K would only increase 50$ of my whole cost so only i decided for this if i need to get a costlier mbo for ocing this than i would be better rolling back to i5  4460 .

MSI Z97 PC Mate.

Gigabyte z97m d3h mbo how about this one

Like I said in the other thread, get yourself an MSI board. If you can't get an MSI board, get an ASUS board. IMO, MSI's UEFI/BIOS is the best because they allow you to truly control adaptive mode for all your voltages.

Anyone who says they are all the same has not tried other boards and truly looked over all the features in the UEFI/BIOS. Gigabyte is the worst. You have to use offsets to set any type of adaptive voltage/frequency for your cache. Even with offsets set, the cache voltage and frequency will not downclock during idle.

Keep in mind, I'm only talking about the UEFI/BIOS experience on the Gigabyte board. Other than that, their Z87-UD3H has served me fine.

BigDay