Where to get FLAC music files?

t-scene

If you buy the songs, some artists will allow you to download these files. 

This should be posted in the audio section BTW.

never heard of this being done before, were would you download said songs from the artist for free?

Look above. I said if you BUY the songs.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Look above. I said if you BUY the songs.

Look what everyone else is saying..... FLAC is harder to buy than regular MP3 songs....was sorta the whole point of the thread..... OF COURSE you have to buy them the question was where. *facepalm*

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I've listened to some REALLY BAD FLAC files because it was mastered like shit and some some REALLY GOOD MP3 files that were mastered pretty good. 

When we're talking about compression we're obviously talking about the same master, otherwise what are we even comparing?

Also varies on the music since some songs are strangely sound the same, FLAC or "compressed/lossy", and then some songs are just night and day like the FLAC sounds significantly better than the "compressed/lossy" version.

I don't believe you. All of my friends and I have never heard any real difference between flac and an mp3 file encoded from it.

I also hate it when people say night/day difference. Night/day differences are VERY RARE in anything.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

HDtracks sells pretty much all of the audio formats. If you're looking to buy something in high quality (Yes, even higher than flac quality, not that it actually matters, at all) But they offer a variety of audio file formats, and many different bitrates, etc. 

Alternatively, ALAC from apple is essentially equivalent to FLAC...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

When we're talking about compression we're obviously talking about the same master, otherwise what are we even comparing?

I don't believe you. All of my friends and I have never heard any real difference between flac and an mp3 file encoded from it.

I also hate it when people say night/day difference. Night/day differences are VERY RARE in anything.

Well, maybe I've been listening to some musicians who probably can't master very well or consistently.

Either that or I'm meticulous with sound. And I don't mean to exaggerate it as "Night and Day" (If it was a night and day comparison, it'd be 11pm compared to 3am) I just meant that there's a difference. But yeah, its just an OCD thing I have. Not saying I have trained ears or anything.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Well, obviously there's a limit to how low you can go. But for good quality 'lossy' files, it's very hard to tell the difference. 

Shinobou-chan!

Well anyway, I still do prefer the lossless if you have decent audio output for it.

-Snip- since its the same anyways @.@

I rechecked my files and yeah... I got some poorly compressed mp3 files of the songs I listened to (compared to their FLAC version). So... yeah, FLAC vs MP3, FLAC has some negligible advantages over MP3.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.