If everything was free to play?

brownninja97

If every game in the world apart from chess titans of course was free to play then what would you play first. How do you think the company that made the game you choose makes money. Eg skyrim, you have to pay for potions and the ability to get past lv 20.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I wouldn't play video games because that's just too complex for every game to have micro transactions.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I would play EA's games if they payed me :)

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

free to play? You mean pay to win?

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

this could be good so you could try the game before you commit to buy but then if you really enjoying it and all of a sudden it stops the game for more money that would be annoying and bad.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I think my head would explode from all the F2Ps.

I would stop gaming and get another hobby, free to play is terrible.

I would rather pay for a game and get everything than have to pay for every little thing i want.i dont mind the progression system in games today, id rather have that than have to pay for everything.

I would stop gaming and get another hobby, free to play is terrible.

Some free2play game are nice like blacklight and warface but not everything.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I do like some Free to Play games but i wouldn't have every game Free to Play.

Giving people air since never.

I'd want to see mandatory DEMOS of games. Actual demos which represent real gameplay midway through the storyline with some buffs/items you get later on while giving away no spoilers. Let us complete a dungeon or a few quests.

Free to play is the profit model that will kill games. Already, I avoid all free to play games. Games which offer micro transactoins, I avoid those games as well.

If I play a demo, then buy the game, I expect it to never tell me to spend additional money.. Infact, when a game has pop ups with ads or some other form telling me I can buy something with cash, it breaks the fourth wall. How can you immerse yourself inside a game when greedy publishers keep poking you with sticks to see if they can hear change in your pockets.

Free to play is one of the worst things to happen to video games IMHO. It does way more harm than good and is geared at bleeding consumers dry of every penny.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

If every game in the world apart from chess titans of course was free to play then what would you play first.

Eg skyrim, you have to pay for potions and the ability to get past lv 20.

By that reasoning WoW is free to play as well, the trial just stops at level 20.

I'd want to see mandatory DEMOS of games. Actual demos which represent real gameplay midway through the storyline with some buffs/items you get later on while giving away no spoilers. Let us complete a dungeon or a few quests.

Free to play is the profit model that will kill games. Already, I avoid all free to play games. Games which offer micro transactoins, I avoid those games as well.

If I play a demo, then buy the game, I expect it to never tell me to spend additional money.. Infact, when a game has pop ups with ads or some other form telling me I can buy something with cash, it breaks the fourth wall. How can you immerse yourself inside a game when greedy publishers keep poking you with sticks to see if they can hear change in your pockets.

Free to play is one of the worst things to happen to video games IMHO. It does way more harm than good and is geared at bleeding consumers dry of every penny.

Yes that is the best idea ever. Killzone did something like that with a multiplayer demo however thats killzone. No one plays killzone.

Listen if you care.

No. Free to play is made so the consumers that can't put any money into the game don't have to but those that can will be able to put as much as they want. Microtransactions is simply the best model for multiplayer/online games. If there's any model that is made with the single purpose of "bleeding consumers dry of every penny" is the subscription model, where people buy the game but are then forced to keep paying in order to play it. Those are the only two viable busisness models for games like mmos and mobas, and out of the two microtransactions are clearly the more costumer friendly one.

No. Free to play is made so the consumers that can't put any money into the game don't have to but those that can will be able to put as much as they want. Microtransactions is simply the best model for multiplayer/online games. If there's any model that is made with the single purpose of "bleeding consumers dry of every penny" is the subscription model, where people buy the game but are then forced to keep paying in order to play it. Those are the only two viable busisness models for games like mmos and mobas, and out of the two microtransactions are clearly the more costumer friendly one.

I can't disagree more with your views. Subscription is a much more consumer friendly business model. By using subscriptions you keep everyone on an equal and balanced playing field. No one has an advantage because they threw $20 at the game with a proper well rounded subscription.

There are two faults of subscription that I see. One is where you have to buy the game at full retail price then pay a subscription on top of that. If the game was "free" with subscription IE you didn't have to buy the game, only the subscription you would see a much better community acceptance. And the other is the possibility of subscriptions becoming applied to some offline single player. It's already begun in small steps under the pseudonym of season pass 

when it comes to subscriptions, you are essentially paying an average of $10 for a 30 day unlimited trial of the game, most subscription based games offer a 14 day free trail anyways. If the game does not keep your interest, you simply cancel the subscription and walk away from it.

Free to play are set up to try and constantly entice you to buy more in-game items by whatever means. Whether it's to offer a unfair advantage over other players or just a gimmick novelty item. There is no reason for them to keep up with intuitive updates and content because they don't get paid by keeping old players, rather their primary income is from new users that want to get a quick upper hand.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I can't disagree more with your views. Subscription is a much more consumer friendly business model. By using subscriptions you keep everyone on an equal and balanced playing field. No one has an advantage because they threw $20 at the game with a proper well rounded subscription.

There are two faults of subscription that I see. One is where you have to buy the game at full retail price then pay a subscription on top of that. If the game was "free" with subscription IE you didn't have to buy the game, only the subscription you would see a much better community acceptance. And the other is the possibility of subscriptions becoming applied to some offline single player. It's already begun in small steps under the pseudonym of season pass 

when it comes to subscriptions, you are essentially paying an average of $10 for a 30 day unlimited trial of the game, most subscription based games offer a 14 day free trail anyways. If the game does not keep your interest, you simply cancel the subscription and walk away from it.

Free to play are set up to try and constantly entice you to buy more in-game items by whatever means. Whether it's to offer a unfair advantage over other players or just a gimmick novelty item. There is no reason for them to keep up with intuitive updates and content because they don't get paid by keeping old players, rather their primary income is from new users that want to get a quick upper hand.

Sure, because having purchased visual effects gives you a huge advantage. It doesn't really do anything in the game, but the playing against someone who paid for a skin has a huge psicological factor that inhibits your true skills. I remember when I was playing LoL if someone on the enemy team had a skin I would crap my pants right away and start crying in teamspeak while shouting in the all chat "OMG YOU BOUGHT A VISUAL EFFECT FOR YOUR CHARACTER. FUCK THIS PAY TO WIN GAME."

No. Subscription model is "You bought the game? lol, you still have to give us money to play the game you bought", microtransaction model is "Oh, you don't want to spend money on the game? Ok, that's fine, but if you want we have some cool skins for your character that you might enjoy". There's a very big difference between microtransactions and pay to win. Personally I haven't seen any pay to win games in quite some time, yet I see microtransactions everywhere, even in subscription based games like WoW.