PC Gaming: Do you think it will get better?

Doughnutnator

Just wanted to know your opinion.

With stuff like Batman: Arkham Knight, we can see that some big developers still take consoles as their main platform.

In my opinion, PC Gaming should grow even more, be more intuitive like consoles. Because it's really the superior platform but it's not that friendly.

So, with stuff like Win10 Dx12 and all that kind of stuff, do you think that PC will rise and finally be easy and friendly like consoles?

I really want developers to be more interested in PC, it's a huge market.

I used to game on consoles, changed to a decent PC, the diference is quite big. But I found out that if you really want to have the best experience you need to know a lot of things, tweak settings and all that kind of stuff. It's easy, but time consuming because you have to google it, tweak it, test and all that things. In consoles you literally plug&play.

I really hope that games on PC start to be like that in a future. Things like SteamOS, steam Big Picture (the UI is damn pretty) can help.

So that's my opinion. What do you guys think? :P

No haterino pleaserino(?)

The future is quite fuzzy, It's quite not yet to make assumptions. We just have to live to see it come.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Well steam boxes are basiclly as plug-and play as consoles, so we just have to get focused on getting games ported to linux.

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

The future is quite fuzzy, It's quite not yet to make assumptions. We just have to live to see it come.

Damn you're right :P But what's your opinion based on your experience as a PC Gamer

Damn you're right :P But what's your opinion based on your experience as a PC Gamer

There would need to be a big change in the industry, the change of mindset of everyone as an entirety, and not just one company or two. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Of course PC will get better. Hardware is continually improving. The cost of entry is constantly trending downwards. More and more developers are embracing the PC gaming market.

Even if PC gaming somehow got "worse", the PC still has the largest, most diverse gaming library available. People could continue to upgrade their hardware and enjoy existing games even more.

The idea of PC gaming not getting better is simply ludicrous. And that's a good thing. :)

i7-5820K | GTX 980 Ti

Not just PC gaming but gaming in general, whether it be mobile,tablet,console or PC it will just generally be getting better.

So I actually think you asked the wrong question, not just pc gaming but gaming in general. And the answer to that question is obvious, as is this one, innovation happens naturally

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

What I would like to see is pc games becoming more idiot proof in terms of automatically detecting your hardware configuration and setting the graphics options correctly. The way it is atm half the games cannot even default to my native res correctly the first time, I have to manually configure it. Which is ok for me but I would like the problem to be solved so that we can set up non-savvy friends with PC gaming and not worry about that stuff. Options menu should be there for those of us who know to use it. But it should not be required because honestly average person doesn't understand the eight different types of anti-aliasing.

Not going to vote because this is how it's always been. Some games (very few) are either not on PC to begin with or a terrible port. Most games, which are on PC and often ONLY on PC are way better than that trash.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor