R9 380 and R9 285 Crossfire

Hello

I was wondering if anyone is yet to attempt to crossfire the R9 380 and R9 285 together?

Both Crossfire and SLI needs the same version of Graphics cards

uhm no?

You can crossfire different cards

the R9 380 and 285 should be fine if amd hasn't changed policies overnight

just need 4gb 285 or 2gb 380.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Both Crossfire and SLI needs the same version of Graphics cards

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

uhm no?

i

uhm no?

just need 4gb 285 or 2gb 380.

i did not know that, thanks

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

• 1 month later...

Well after I saw the apu and 290x crossfire anything is possible from crossfire

Well after I saw the apu and 290x crossfire anything is possible from crossfire

who in the hell did this? lol, that bottlenecks that 290x like no other

• CPU: Fx-8350 || Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0 || Ram: GSkill Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X OC r9 290 || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro || Storage: Seagate 1TB (Main Storage), Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB external (backups/Media) || PSU: Raidmax 730 Watt || Displays: 2x 2x Acer 21.5" S220HQL || Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate || Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 7

•  

who in the hell did this? lol, that bottlenecks that 290x like no other

You would be surprised but it actually helped lol, 4 fps more in a lot of games except the few that didn't recognize the gpu

You would be surprised but it actually helped lol, 4 fps more in a lot of games except the few that didn't recognize the gpu

but how?! the ddr3 ram must have been so much slower than the 290x and slowed it down.  Do you have sauce?

• CPU: Fx-8350 || Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0 || Ram: GSkill Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X OC r9 290 || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro || Storage: Seagate 1TB (Main Storage), Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB external (backups/Media) || PSU: Raidmax 730 Watt || Displays: 2x 2x Acer 21.5" S220HQL || Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate || Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 7

•  

but how?! the ddr3 ram must have been so much slower than the 290x and slowed it down. Do you have sauce?

Not my special sauce but everything on that pc is on custom bios and custom drivers

Once I get back and see him again he said he was gonna try a fury in crossfire when I get there, ill be sure to take a fire extinguisher too lol

Not my special sauce but everything on that pc is on custom bios and custom drivers

Once I get back and see him again he said he was gonna try a fury in crossfire when I get there, ill be sure to take a fire extinguisher too lol

okay lol please post "special sauce" when you do 

•