Multi Monitor Trading GPU

evilpanda

Hey Im looking to upgrade my current work pc. It will not be used for gaming. All it has to be able to do is connect 9 1080p monitors for work. preferably if it was two cards. I am looking for reliability thanks guys :)

Hey Im looking to upgrade my current work pc. It will not be used for gaming. All it has to be able to do is connect 9 1080p monitors for work. preferably if it was two cards. I am looking for reliability thanks guys :)

NINE!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

NINE!

Yeah it is a lot but it is used for work ;)

maybe smart to set a budget and the amount of pci lanes you got.

workstation cards are pretty expansive..... (quadro)

hakuna matata

I do not know how many displays quadros/firepros support but you may have to go with matrox or a splitter. Set a budget and we can help you.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

maybe smart to set a budget and the amount of pci lanes you got.

workstation cards are pretty expansive..... (quadro)

Yeah i got an ASUS maximus extreme z87 with 4 x16 slots budget lets say no more then 300-400$ 

Interesting... Got the Same Mobo Bud :)

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

Ohh just realized it is 4 pci express slots not x16 xD

You need a AMD card, most of the standard ones can handle up to 6 displays. Some of their workstation ones can handle 8. But that costs a lot, you can probably get 2x 390x for the price of ONE Firepro.....

Also, EYEFINITY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NVIDIAS SOLUTION FOR MULTIDISPLAY

2x R9 290 will set you back 480 USD. That is going to be your best bet outside of getting 2x 280X and overclocking the 280s

You need a AMD card, most of the standard ones can handle up to 6 displays. Some of their workstation ones can handle 8. But that costs a lot, you can probably get 2x 390x for the price of ONE Firepro.....

Also, EYEFINITY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NVIDIAS SOLUTION FOR MULTIDISPLAY

2x R9 290 will set you back 480 USD. That is going to be your best bet outside of getting 2x 280X and overclocking the 280s

Makes sense but if im not gonna game on this pc at all are the high end gpus like 290 necessary??? Cause as far as i know All that is important is the amount of memory needed for a single display.... not the speed. idk 

you need not only memory but sheer grunt to power that many displays. remember, one frame goes from being 1920x1080 to being something like 18000x9000 pixels (if using all 9 screens). So you need sheer grunt to power all those pixels, even 8GB memory may not be enough to get smooth animations at that point.

you need not only memory but sheer grunt to power that many displays. remember, one frame goes from being 1920x1080 to being something like 18000x9000 pixels (if using all 9 screens). So you need sheer grunt to power all those pixels, even 8GB memory may not be enough to get smooth animations at that point.

http://www.tradestation.com/trading-technology/system-requirements

here are the requirements for the Operating system that will be used 99% of the time. Seems light and not very graphically intensive.... pretty sure 4GB would be overkill... I used to be able to power 6 monitors with AMD/ATI 3000 series cards.

• 3 months later...

Ok, this is frustrating because I went through this exact same thing. For stock charting you do not need a gaming GPU. You are not demanding anything from it. Also, choose the screens wisely. I like ultra wide gaming monitor because I can essentially look at 6 charts or more across three of them. My video card supports 6 of them. Just use this card

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7EPSVS?keywords=visiontek%206%20monitor&qid=1445653130&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

and these screens

http://www.amazon.com/AOC-Q2963PM-29-inch-IPS-Resolution/dp/B00BLZAYHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445653256&sr=8-1&keywords=aoc+ultrawide

This is what I use and it works great. And i only run 3 screens with the option for 3 more. It's like having 12. Simple, cheap and cuts through the bad advice.