Batman Arkham Knight Really 30 FPS?

ander12391

Been playing the new Batman Game for the past couple of hours and I just want to say that if I didn't  turn on FRAP's FPS Counter I wouldn't have known it was even locked at 30 FPS. Now my eyes have always been sensitive to low frame rates and frame stuttering but for some reason this game just doesn't feel like 30 FPS.  I even did a little experiment in Witcher 3 and I locked it at 30 FPS and that was extremely noticeable but for what ever reason Batman AK 30 FPS just doesn't seem to bother me as much and I barely notice it.  I wonder why this is? Could this be due to better Frame Timing? What are your guys thoughts? Not trying to start a Console vs PC debate just want a open and honest discussion.

If it was locked, you wouldn't be able to change the max FPS variable... It's not locked, the max FPS is just set at 30.

Different games seem smoother on low FPS. Arma 2 OA for example I can play on 20's and it feels smooth, but Borderlands games for example if it's 20 it's unplayable.

Not to mention ~30 FPS is better in certain games (Contrary to PCMR beliefs...)

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

you have to go into the bmysettings and find "MAXFPS=30" Or something and change it to 9999 instead of 30.

you have to go into the bmysettings and find "MAXFPS=30" Or something and change it to 9999 instead of 30.

What happens if you change it to "0"?

I think some people are missing the point of my thread. I know you can go into the INI files and change the FPS Max Limit. But I am just stating that this game actually feels pretty smooth at 30 FPS .  WolfysTech makes a good point maybe some games just feel smoother at lower FPS. 

it depends on people perspective i guess, like you a lot of em won't notice it , but some can feel left out of dat buttery smooth 60+ & above gameplay, yo uknow those above average solid gamers who are used to the fluid gameplay experience, those will defenitely be bothered by the lowered frames per second experience plus there are just some even if they patch it & push it to 60 fps is gonna still complain or they just want to get on the hype train just to make some noise, doesn't actually care about the whole scenario, jsut want to be in dat spotlight for the time being.. PS:thanks for the your honest opinion regardless of the slight hostility around these kinds of topics..

Details separate people.

Alice in Wonderland: Madness Returns does the same for me, really weird...

I think some people are missing the point of my thread. I know you can go into the INI files and change the FPS Max Limit. But I am just stating that this game actually feels pretty smooth at 30 FPS .  WolfysTech makes a good point maybe some games just feel smoother at lower FPS. 

I highly doubt it. The "external developers" probably just didn't know wtf they were doing when coding the game. 

another gameworks game and more controversy

you'd think nvidia would be against rocksteady putting a 30fps framelock in the game having helped implement pc features

it depends on people perspective i guess, like you a lot of em won't notice it , but some can feel left out of dat buttery smooth 60+ & above gameplay, yo uknow those above average solid gamers who are used to the fluid gameplay experience, those will defenitely be bothered by the lowered frames per second experience plus there are just some even if they patch it & push it to 60 fps is gonna still complain or they just want to get on the hype train just to make some noise, doesn't actually care about the whole scenario, jsut want to be in dat spotlight for the time being.. PS:thanks for the your honest opinion regardless of the slight hostility around these kinds of topics..

All good points and like i said before I am usually the first one to notice when a game is running below 60FPS. This title just kinda surprised me in the fact that I had a hard time noticing the 30 FPS limit. 

Locked no, capped, yes.
The devs never wanted anyone to mess with the ini files, so in the devs mind was it locked...yes, yes it was.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000