Do I need anti virus software ?

MrEleven1181
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,

Here's a direct link to the Free Version for Windows. Note, it will start downloading as soon as you click on the link:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

It depends. It can be nice to have if you're not great with PCs. The majority of people use them. 

Personally, I don't because I find them more annoying than useful. Windows Firewall and frequent system scans works better for me. 

Same here , well i am using advanced system care which has some malware scan in to it and that's about it. Other than that no.

I find it rather useless for me since i know which sites and files i download are suspicious.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Same here , well i am using advanced system care which has some malware scan in to it and that's about it. Other than that no.

I find it rather useless for me since i know which sites and files i download are suspicious.

To be fair, while that will work for you 99% of the time, it's still entirely possible for the legit sites you trust to become infected with Malware, highjacked, or otherwise compromised. It happens all the time. Having an AV of some sort at least gives you a last line of defense against situations like those in which you have zero chance of detecting the infection before it happens, because it's not a "sketchy" site or anything.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Is it worth plaything for premium over the free version ? I don't have a clue what's different between the two.

Is it worth plaything for premium over the free version ? I don't have a clue what's different between the two.

If you're referring to MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, then there is some merit in getting the premium version, especially if you can get it on a good sale price or discount.

post-8505-0-10166400-1435155327_thumb.pn

As you can see, the main benefits (imo) are:

1. Active Protection - an active scanner will run in memory, which will detect and contain threats on the fly - this also has a known "compatibility" list with various AV companies, which means it's tested to work with those other AV's and not break.

2. Chameleon Driver - This thing prevents malware from modifying/infecting/terminating the MalwareBytes program/process. Some nasty viruses will specifically target your AV software.

The other additional features are nice, but not really necessary - it honestly depends on what each person "values".

With that in mind, running the free version as a monthly/weekly manual scan is still totally good.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I would install some anti virus also along with malwarebytes, personaly i use nod32 + malwarebytes premium

I'll be using windows defender along with malwarebytes

If you're referring to MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, then there is some merit in getting the premium version, especially if you can get it on a good sale price or discount.

attachicon.gif2015-06-24_1014.png

As you can see, the main benefits (imo) are:

1. Active Protection - an active scanner will run in memory, which will detect and contain threats on the fly - this also has a known "compatibility" list with various AV companies, which means it's tested to work with those other AV's and not break.

2. Chameleon Driver - This thing prevents malware from modifying/infecting/terminating the MalwareBytes program/process. Some nasty viruses will specifically target your AV software.

The other additional features are nice, but not really necessary - it honestly depends on what each person "values".

With that in mind, running the free version as a monthly/weekly manual scan is still totally good.

Yes think I'll just get premium it's only £20 in UK for the year

Yes think I'll just get premium it's only £20 in UK for the year

Not a bad price. MalwareBytes Premium + Windows Defender will be an excellent combo. The active Scanning of MWB Premium will help offset the detection rates of Windows Defender - which while not terrible, are certainly not the best either.