Scrapyard wars build

Nacho Marco Segui

Hi guys,inspired by LTT videos,ive decided to build a pc.When talking about building a pc,everyone thinks of brand new components,but..This is war,scrapyard but still war.The aim of this build if to find cheap parts,but with great performance.I know that this can be risky(guarantees,broken parts) but i think that i have a good eye for detecting scams and so on.

What i have bought so far:

CPU: I3.4160 bought from amazon.I went for the 4160 because it was cheaper than the 4130 LOL.The cpu was brand new because i could not find any used 1150 cpu.116 euros

GPU: R9 280x with Arctic Accelero IV,Second hand card,but in excellent condition.Model Gigabyte Rev 2.0.175 euros

MOBO:MSI h97m e35.Only 46 euros because the vga connector is broken,not a problem for me since im using a dedicated gpu.46 euros

RAM:Hyperx 4gb stick,will upgrade to 8gb.I will combine red and white because i want to mod the case just for the looks.25 euros

Next purchases:

PSU:Havent bough it yet,will get a good and brand new one.

HDD:1tb wd Blue

CASE:cheap one,and i will mod it for airflow and looks ;)

post-233401-0-95674100-1434983959_thumb.

Where where you buying your pieces ?

You're on a roll today lol

that gif folder is on fire

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

i could have just sent you a pentium 4.... its shit but basicly free

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

~snip~

Hey there,

the idea is great, make sure you post a build log and photos of everything. :)

One remark for the storage: if you are buying used drives, make sure you check the S.M.A.R.T. status first to be sure the drives are safe to store your data and are in good condition for long usage. I would request a screenshot of it with the drive's model and serial number and a photo of the drive to be sure the S.M.A.R.T. status belongs to that particular drive. :)
For that particular WD Blue (if second hand) I would recommend using WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=K91Gqa

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey there,

the idea is great, make sure you post a build log and photos of everything. :)

One remark for the storage: if you are buying used drives, make sure you check the S.M.A.R.T. status first to be sure the drives are safe to store your data and are in good condition for long usage. I would request a screenshot of it with the drive's model and serial number and a photo of the drive to be sure the S.M.A.R.T. status belongs to that particular drive. :)
For that particular WD Blue (if second hand) I would recommend using WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=K91Gqa

Captain_WD.

Thanks!! I have only received the gpu and the mobo,will update as soon as the other parts come