Do you NEED to link your PayPal to a creditcard?

Because I have bought some things via PayPal without doing that before. (paid Corsair)

But now when I try to buy a game on steam or load up balance for battle.net I need to apply a credit card with it, which I don't have, only a debit card.

Oh PayPal, why must you be so extremely annoying.

Update:

Can somebody buy me the game I need on Paypal and then I pay you back instantly by transferring money to YOUR paypal? :P If it helps we can use Teamviewer to make sure I send the money, incase you are paranoid. (yes, I do have money on my paypal but can't spend it)

Debit cards work too, thats what I use :P Just takes the cash right out of your account the same way as if you were making any upfront purchase at a store or something.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Debit cards work too, thats what I use :P Just takes the cash right out of your account the same way as if you were making any upfront purchase at a store or something.

Nah doesn't work at all. It only accepts creditcard.

Well that's a shame for me. I guess I haven't had only my debit attached to my paypal for 2 years now. Damn. :P

For some transactions you need to link a card to your PayPal indeed. Not sure if debit cards work, I have a prepaid Mastercard and that works just fine.

Thats weird, mine worked fine. Try contacting your bank because there are other people who have probably had the same problem, or just ask PayPal but Im pretty sure they would just say go ask your bank :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Well that's a shame for me. I guess I haven't had only my debit attached to my paypal for 2 years now. Damn. :P

Maybe your card but my Maestro card will not be accepted :P

Im pretty sure it's part of their internal verification process, although back when I made mine they only needed a bank account.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I couldn't get paypal to verify my shipping address or whatever, and the people I talked to were 100% useless on the phone. They had to charge my card or something, it was stupid. 

I had this issue as well, it's kinda annoying. You don't need a credit card for any specific kind of purchase.

This is some kind of safety mechanism by PayPal that happens on a semi-random basis.

Make sure you verified your bank account that is associated with your PayPal.

Then you have to add money to your PayPal balance via transaction.

After you used your balance then, you can continue to use your Maestro card just fine. (I use a Maestro myself)

If you need to purchase something right now very badly and don't want to wait for the transaction, you could ask a friend to gift you the money on PayPal and just give him the cash.

I had this issue as well, it's kinda annoying. You don't need a credit card for any specific kind of purchase.

This is some kind of safety mechanism by PayPal that happens on a semi-random basis.

Make sure you verified your bank account that is associated with your PayPal.

Then you have to add money to your PayPal balance via transaction.

After you used your balance then, you can continue to use your Maestro card just fine. (I use a Maestro myself)

If you need to purchase something right now very badly, you could ask a friend to gift you the money on PayPal and just give him the cash.

I tried linking my bank to my paypal too.

Says too many bank accounts are already linked with it.

Just 1 big shitfest PayPal is.

I use my debit card

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I use my debit card

Maybe Murican ones work, but not mine :/

It works with debit cards, I literally just bought something on Steam using my PayPal which is linked to my debit card.

It works with debit cards, I literally just bought something on Steam using my PayPal which is linked to my debit card.

I tried, it doesn't work with mine.

I tried, it doesn't work with mine.

Disconnect it and reconnect it? Also does you account have enough in it? Check

You can either use PayPal by itself or link a card with it. Debit cards work. I've been using one for about 3 years now.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Disconnect it and reconnect it? Also does you account have enough in it? Check

I have 10,97 euro in my paypal.

I can put money in my paypal using Ideal (a Dutch paying system)

But I can't spend the money because when I log in to pay it asks me to link a cc.

Maybe Murican ones work, but not mine :/

Damn :(.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I have 10,97 euro in my paypal.

I can put money in my paypal using Ideal (a Dutch paying system)

But I can't spend the money because when I log in to pay it asks me to link a cc.

I would contact their support then.

I would contact their support then.

I guess...

Can somebody buy me the game I need on Paypal and then I pay you back instantly by transferring money to YOUR paypal? :P If it helps we can use Teamviewer to make sure I send the money, incase you are paranoid. (yes, I do have money on my paypal but can't spend it)

I have both of my VISA debit cards linked to my PayPal along with both of my bank accounts. Have you tried setting up a new PayPal account?

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14