NZXT H440 - White Black and Red

S-L-R

Hello everyone.

I'm currently in the planning stage of my next project/build/upgrade. That's right. With the current state of affair in term of CPU developpment, I'm looking into upgrading my current build instead of replacing it completely. The current build can be see in this post : http://linustechtips...atented-design/.

The idea here would be to mod the crap out of a white NZXT H440, while waiting for AMD Fury, custom watercooling my current build's components and maybe upgrade some of them. I was thinking of replacing the world's worst overclocking 4770K for a 4790K, maybe an SSD upgrade/consolidation. And a new GPU which will be slapped on with a waterblock. Of course, reccomandations are welcome.

So now, the modding. I am in questionning phase... I was thinking of a white, black and red build. The mobo is taken from my current build, so its the Asus Maximus VI Hero. Also, I am looking into modding the front of the case to allow a better airflow.

And, also, should I remove the panel that holds the hard drives in the H440? I think it would create a more "open" look to it.

Feel free to comment, recommend and other things.

This is going to be fun  ;)

And, also, should I remove the panel that holds the hard drives in the H440? I think it would create a more "open" look to it.

But this panel isn't visible from the outside anyway due to the window ending before this panel starts. It'll add more support to the case, I'd leave it.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Hello everyone.

I'm currently in the planning stage of my next project/build/upgrade. That's right. With the current state of affair in term of CPU developpment, I'm looking into upgrading my current build instead of replacing it completely. The current build can be see in this post : http://linustechtips...atented-design/.

The idea here would be to mod the crap out of a white NZXT H440, while waiting for AMD Fury, custom watercooling my current build's components and maybe upgrade some of them. I was thinking of replacing the world's worst overclocking 4770K for a 4790K, maybe an SSD upgrade/consolidation. And a new GPU which will be slapped on with a waterblock. Of course, reccomandations are welcome.

So now, the modding. I am in questionning phase... I was thinking of a white, black and red build. The mobo is taken from my current build, so its the Asus Maximus VI Hero. Also, I am looking into modding the front of the case to allow a better airflow.

Feel free to comment, recommend and other things.

This is going to be fun  ;)

White case

Black/Red MOBO

White/Red Cooler

Black GPU

Red or Black RAM (G. Skill Sniper looks pretty good)

White/Red cooler

Any color after another means the second color would be less prevalent. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Leave it.

See this for more information on your profile image/gif ====> http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

White case

Black/Red MOBO

White/Red Cooler

Black GPU

Red or Black RAM (G. Skill Sniper looks pretty good)

White/Red cooler

Any color after another means the second color would be less prevalent. 

If you look at my old build, you'll see that it is pretty much the case. RAM is red, Mobo is black/red and for the rest, it's not yet purchased so the choice is to make.

For the cooling now.... I've seen only one guy able to putt dual 360 rad, and it's tight... What route should I go with? Dual 360? 360 & 240? 360 & 280?

Like I said, the dual 360 seems realizable, 360 & 240 definitely OK and 360 & 280 might cause clearance issues for the motherboard EPS connector.

What do you guys think?

I just ordered two alphacool rads. UT60 360MM for the front of the case and a ST30 240MM for the top. This should allow me to avoid any clearance issue and still have great cooling.

I also ordered some Phobya grills for both the top and front of the case... We're going to improve the cooling capabilities of this case... Just a bit ;)

Finally, I bought the fans. 5 x EK Vardar 1450RPM that are going to be painted. Which color should I paint them? Red, white or black?

Pictures coming soooooon.

Update!

Some modding done today...

BJD1Uwp.jpg

r0BqPGf.jpg

NePiKmd.jpg

ZCMUMFc.jpg

I'm not sure but I'm probably putting the fan up there, same in the front once it's done

WK8a9Y4.jpg

CeLJUHo.jpg

I am also waiting for some Phobya fan grills to make this look a bit cleaner and I'll look for some kind a grommet to put along the edges of the cut.

You might want to look at some U channel- I bought some from MNPC tech and it worked out well for a window mod i did a while back.

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

You might want to look at some U channel- I bought some from MNPC tech and it worked out well for a window mod i did a while back.

Yea I've seen that but I would prefer buying it in store....

Yea I've seen that but I would prefer buying it in store....

I dont know about where to find it in stores but I bet a craft store would have it

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

I decided to order some u-channel edge trim from McMaster. Good prices, same day shipping and, at the same time, I ordered some hex screws for the fan grills.

Tonight, I'm going to pick up the rads from the local UPS drop point. I'll be able to decide the exact fan configuration. I'm still not sure if I want them to pertrude like on the pictures or simply install them inside and finish the exterior with the grills and some modder's mesh.

Feel free to give your opinion!

Oh wow... I just received an email from McMaster... My order has been canceld due to "the complexity of U.S export regulations". 

Well. Fuck.

Update!

I received the rads. Yay!

2sechIB.jpg

46p1iXA.jpg

Why does this looks so sexy? Is that weird :/ ?!

L9BrCb7.jpg

Similar to the top, the fans are installed "outside" the case. So, for the front I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave this as is. But for the top, as seen in my latest update, I'm still not sure about the top fan placement.

VqPEXD7.jpg

Also, this gives me 25mm of free space in the front of the case. This is going to be pretty useful, since the reservoir is probably going behind the hard drive support thingy.

xqAV8bx.jpg

6t2olLA.jpg

Keep in mind, this is not the fans I am going to use. THe final fans will be red-painted EK Vardar 1450RPM. Should be pretty slick looking...

ESVcmuT.jpg

So, what do you think guys?! Suggestions for the top fans placement? 

The next update should happen as soon as I receive the fan and grills from Performance-PCs or before that, if I ever find any way to get my hands on some u-channel grommet edge-trim things... 

Tonight I'm going to pick up the fans and radiator grills, this should start to look like something...

I'm sort of doing a similar build except I'm going a white motherboard but CURRENTLY it's red,black and white I could give you some inspiration

post-196573-0-37657000-1435347931_thumb.

post-196573-0-22152800-1435348000_thumb.

Wow, looking great! Giving me some Ideas for mine.

Yea, looking good. But as you can see, the dominant color in mine is definitely going to be white.... I'm now thinking about introducing black accents.

Update soon...

xmUvE37.jpg

DajCnog.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for this lack of update recently... I've been sick and super busy with work and actually doing the build to post any updates. But reassure! I'll be posting some good stuff within the next day or so. I've just received most of the watercooling parts... So yeah.

Sorry for this lack of update recently... I've been sick and super busy with work and actually doing the build to post any updates. But reassure! I'll be posting some good stuff within the next day or so. I've just received most of the watercooling parts... So yeah.

Hope you get better soon, dude.

So.... I received watercooling parts from NCIX. And, uppon inspection everything seemed in good condition. But after installing the block and the GPU backplate on the newly acquired R9 390, I noticed a stain on the backplate. Thinking it was no big deal, I tried to wipe it off. But, no matter what I try, it just wont go away. I've contacted NCIX but considering the fact that I was going to build the loop tonight, I'm pretty pissed.

I'm still looking to fix it if possible, but if not, I'm probably going to install the loop without it and try to install it afterward once its RMA, since it seem possible even with card installed (Not all the screws must be taken of the card in order to install it)

See for yourself. It's pretty weird and EK support was saying that it is most likely a "machine failure/defect". Anyways... Have a look.

OPD70qw.jpg

mSN1m15.jpg