Good guy Elric

ciprian97pop

So, I was watching a video from Elric (techoftomorrow) and I saw this in the comments:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/624/zq7n.png

I always knew that he's a good guy and he's proving it again

I don't know what's his relation with Linus but I think that they are or can be friends :)

He should get on the wan show

(The video was about the gaming pc that he's giving away)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

gota say i dont like his shows that much but i admire the way difrent channels like linus tech tips tek of tomorow teksyndicate etc etc stick up for eachother and refer to one another

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

Elric is great. I didn't know he had a yt for a while after he left motherboards and was replaced by that really creepy dude.

Why do some people not like Elric, I find his videos quite good and he had a hard time with the whole shenannigans with Motherboards.org

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Yeah I mean hes been through a lot and he would make a great guest on the WAN show.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well to be honest, I'm not to fond of Elric anymore...Recently he went full retard against a 15 year old who (spam posted) a comment on multiple videos about his setup video. Since I don't like cursing I won't even quote what he said. Elric's been through a lot of sh*t, but I've never seen Linus do such a thing...A bit more professional would be desirable.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Elric is great. I didn't know he had a yt for a while after he left motherboards and was replaced by that really creepy dude.

He got tricked and then fired from the channel he built so hard. Then he started his new one.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I agree, I like Elric, good man

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

i think he is to loud and to much like a tellsell comercial xD.

i mean this in the way he brings the news not the content :P

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

I used to follow his channel for years, then I gave him crap on the video where he praises the iphone saying it's the fastest phone on the market and he blocked me. At least I have a nice comment on my channel from him :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

i think he is to loud and to much like a tellsell comercial xD.

i mean this in the way he brings the news not the content :P

Everyone has is own way of making videos :)

For example, I don't like the way that duncan3303 makes his gaming builds because he says the same thing over and over again. For example, with a hard drive, what he said in a build 3 months ago, he says he says the exact thing now(why he chose it)

Another person that I don't like that much even if I'm subbed to, is MKBHD(why he has so manny subscribers?) because he talks more that he should, even if I like his format

If I would have to choose to stick to only one youtuber, it would be Linus because he has charisma(no homo), he is funny but in the same time he delivers the information in a way in which everyone understands it and he keeps in touch with the audience more than any other youtuber that i've seen.

P.S: Damn, I would love to see Linus reading this thread

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Well to be honest, I'm not to fond of Elric anymore...Recently he went full retard against a 15 year old who (spam posted) a comment on multiple videos about his setup video. Since I don't like cursing I won't even quote what he said. Elric's been through a lot of sh*t, but I've never seen Linus do such a thing...A bit more professionality would be desirable.

You mean a dude who works in IT who raised very sensible criticism against that red dual xeon/680 SLI build and got absolutely blasted by Elric (I know the guy, and he really knows his stuff)?

He said that the graphics cards could do with being a bit further apart (being 2 slot cards on a board with enough PCI-E slots to have them more than 2 mm apart), dual Xeons aren't good for gaming (you're better off with a 2500K), the PSUs are way overkill (like 1000W too much), way too much RAM (nobody needs that much), and his inability to take even constructive criticism (evidenced by the replies, linked below, not embedded due to extreme profanity).

These are the messages Elric made to him:

motherboardsorg 1 year ago

Fuck you asshole you suck ion drums and you most likely are a fucking queer, give me your address fuck head I will come by and we can have a chat,, if your man enough I bet you are a fucking coward cunt!!! Banned And Blocked because you are a fucking retard!!! He guess what,, FUCK YOU!!

Not exactly very professional of him.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Why do some people not like Elric, I find his videos quite good and he had a hard time with the whole shenannigans with Motherboards.org

I don't necessarily not like him for it but I tend to not watch his videos too much because of the extremely corny jokes and just the general sayings he uses (kaaaaraatee chop that like button) but thats just my person preference. Great guy, and I check out the occasional video, but for the most part I just don't like his style. 

ELRİC İS THA MAN!

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

You mean a dude who works in IT who raised very sensible criticism against that red dual xeon/680 SLI build and got absolutely blasted by Elric (I know the guy, and he really knows his stuff)?

He said that the graphics cards could do with being a bit further apart (being 2 slot cards on a board with enough PCI-E slots to have them more than 2 mm apart), dual Xeons aren't good for gaming (you're better off with a 2500K), the PSUs are way overkill (like 1000W too much), way too much RAM (nobody needs that much), and his inability to take even constructive criticism (evidenced by the replies, linked below, not embedded due to extreme profanity).

of wow yeah thats bad. 

of wow yeah thats bad.

I'd link the rest but I only have access to them as pictures and I don't want to post their (real) name here without permission.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I think that he lost the motherboards.org channel more than one year so I don't think that it's really him. 

cant say ive heard this and if so thats indeed unprofesional however xeon's and gfx can be used for other stufff togheter with more ram however how many of us are in it for boasting aswell if not a lil bit atleast ;)

Appelzaadje - the Insane

I don't mean this one, but it's basically the same...

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I think that he lost the motherboards.org channel more than one year so I don't think that it's really him.

It was a bit before he lost the channel. "1 year ago" could be anything between 25.07.2012 and 25.07.2011.

I'd link the rest but I only have access to them as pictures and I don't want to post their (real) name here without permission.

I'm generally okay with cursing at people but "you are most likely a queer" crosses the line for me. Homophobia has no place in the world anymore.

It was a bit before he lost the channel. "1 year ago" could be anything between 25.07.2012 and 25.07.2011.

Okay then, my mistake but I don't think that everyone should judge someone because he said a mean thing to someone.

Now, I'm not trying to protect Elric, I didn't made this thread with this intention.

Maybe when he replied like that to you he was angry, he had problems, maybe, maybe, maybe... 

Who knows

I started this thread because I wanted to show you that Elric and Linus are still friends(or at least this is how I saw the things)

I forgot Elric was still around. I figured if I didn't watch his videos people would eventually catch on.

He appears to be this really nice guy when you watch his videos, then you look at the comments... aaaand no!

He's highly unprofessional and doesn't deserve a spot on the WAN show.

He clearly isn't using his real personality when he makes his videos.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Okay then, my mistake but I don't think that everyone should judge someone because he said a mean thing to someone.

Now, I'm not trying to protect Elric, I didn't made this thread with this intention.

Maybe when he replied like that to you he was angry, he had problems, maybe, maybe, maybe... 

Who knows

I started this thread because I wanted to show you that Elric and Linus are still friends(or at least this is how I saw the things)

If you are a public face with 75k+ subscribers, you need to be able to control any anger you might have at that moment and not say shit like that. It is great that him and Linus are buddies, but that incident when he said that stuff to somebody I know gave me a rather bad first impression of him.