Would you pay 900 Euros for two (used) Titan Blacks now?

cisto1999

Would you pay 900 Euros for two (used) Titan Blacks now? The Titans are from Palit, used but in very good condition. I need one ore more GPUs for Blender Cycles Rendering.

My other option would be a new 980ti or waiting for an Amd Fury X.

Would you pay 900 Euros for two (used) Titan Blacks now? The Titans are from Palit, used but in very good condition. I need one ore more GPUs for Blender Cycles Rendering.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes. Aren't they like 1100 pounds for one? Less than half of for cards that are just a few months old? Take it if it's a reputable seller.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I would, if I had 900 Euros and the money to pay for them to be imported to the US.

Then I would turn around and sell one for 500, because I don't need two just for gaming on triple 1080p monitors at 60hz

.....or do I?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Definitely. I have two (bought both for around £800 each) and they're still powerful cards, both for gaming and productivity workloads. For around the price of one new, you can get two. 

Heck the the freakin' yea!

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes. Aren't they like 1100 pounds for one? Less than half of for cards that are just a few months old? Take it if it's a reputable seller.

You're thinking of Titan X, I think.

But €450 each for Titan Blacks are still a reasonable price. But I don't know. No warranty and such is kind of a big deal for me.

Buy them or give me his number ! :D

450€ each is ok, not very good but still fine.

Maybe argue them down to 800 and you're golden.

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

You're thinking of Titan X, I think.

But €450 each for Titan Blacks are still a reasonable price. But I don't know. No warranty and such is kind of a big deal for me.

Oh whelp. That would be it, it's been so long since I seen the word titan black. In that case it's not that amazing of a deal. But still worth thinking over. A titan black won't stand up too well vs a 980ti which is more efficient and not too much more.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I wouldn't spend 900$ on gpus. But if I needed them for work, yes, sure. It's a decent price for what you get especially in terms of computing (whereas for gaming you could just get two 970s and call it a day, the performance would be very similar).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A titan black won't stand up too well vs a 980ti which is more efficient and not too much more.

That is also my consideration... and maybe the 980ti will be a little bit cheaper than now when fury hits the market and i could wait this long... i don´t need the GPU immediatly (but in a about 4 weeks).

That is also my consideration... and maybe the 980ti will be a little bit cheaper than now when fury hits the market and i could wait this long... i don´t need the GPU immediatly (but in a about 4 weeks).

Considering the price and performance of 980ti and fury x, someone is going to drop pricing...

Shit yeah

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

@cisto1999

I'm really curious of how many people here mistake the Titan Black for Titan X...

If you are looking at used Titan Black and REALLY need the double precision performance that those cards have, then go with the Black's. If you don't need it, then you are better off buying used 780ti's. Or maybe even GTX 970/R9 290x.

I mean I don't have €900 [uS$1022,59] nor the funds to pay shipping and duties to the US (also I'd rather import from France just because then obviously working with the seller is a lot easier if you speak the same language, or at least can understand their language). Though I guess if all of those pre-requisites were met then sure I could see a benefit from those cards though I like the way Motion and FCPX look  so a Mac Pro would be better for me personally.

I honestly think the better investment would be one or two R9 Fury's would benefit in your application as Blender IIRC works better with OpenCL/OpenGL than CUDA and that's where AMD cards shines is in OpenCL/OpenGL applications.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I wouldn't spend 900$ on gpus. But if I needed them for work, yes, sure. It's a decent price for what you get especially in terms of computing (whereas for gaming you could just get two 970s and call it a day, the performance would be very similar).

€ not US$  though €900,00 is US$1022,59 so I mean it is over $900.

The Titan Black is good for 3D work and gaming, a 970 is good for just gaming.

Similar story on the AMD side the Fury line is good for 3D Work and Gaming but the 200 and 300 series are good for gaming.

I wouldn't unless that Blender thing uses CUDA. If it's OpenCL (which nVidia also supports) I'd go AMD. As much as they lag behind nVidia in the DirectX department, they are ahead in compute.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I wouldn't unless that Blender thing uses CUDA. If it's OpenCL (which nVidia also supports) I'd go AMD. As much as they lag behind nVidia in the DirectX department, they are ahead in compute.

AMD 300 series and Fury series are fully DX12. The Nvidia 900 series was full DX12 just because of the time they were launched [late 2014]. Though yes AMD is ahead of Nvidia in terms of OpenCL/OpenGL which Linux and OS X benefit from [since both are technically open source except Apple sort of betrays the open source nature of the kernel they based their OS off of.]

If you really need 2 titan blacks and you can run them, it's a good deal

AMD 300 series and Fury series are fully DX12. The Nvidia 900 series was full DX12 just because of the time they were launched [late 2014]. Though yes AMD is ahead of Nvidia in terms of OpenCL/OpenGL which Linux and OS X benefit from [since both are technically open source except Apple sort of betrays the open source nature of the kernel they based their OS off of.]

When I said AMD is behind on DirectX I wasn't referring to DX12 support, but rather the lower performance per watt. For compute tasks, the opposite is true.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

When I said AMD is behind on DirectX I wasn't referring to DX12 support, but rather the lower performance per watt. For compute tasks, the opposite is true.

Ah ok.

€ not US$  though €900,00 is US$1022,59 so I mean it is over $900.

The Titan Black is good for 3D work and gaming, a 970 is good for just gaming.

Similar story on the AMD side the Fury line is good for 3D Work and Gaming but the 200 and 300 series are good for gaming.

Not really, the fury line are gaming graphics cards. If they are also good at 3d work it's a side effect (not that we have any benchmarks yet). As I said, a titan black is worth it if you need the computing capabilities; otherwise 970s or a 980ti are a better deal.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*