Which GTX 970 Brand should I buy?

carldun

I'm currently looking to buy a GTX 970 to play on ultra 1080 and was wondering what is the best brand to buy? Money is definitely a factor so I compiled every gtx 970 available in the Philippines that is available to me and made a chart to show them and their prices so you could determine which one is the best for its price. Thank You!

122kikp.png

msi twin frozr, runs very cool and ocs like a beast, dont spend more on the evga one please (a friend spend £64 more than me on his evga ftw+ and its basically the same performance).

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I can vouch for the MSI twin frozr, I have one personally and it works wonders.

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

They're all still a 970. Whatever you get, it'll run great.

You could go with a cheap card and not regret it. 

If money wasn't a big deal, I would go with Gigabyte and secondly MSI.

personal prefrense but Gigabyte G1

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Unfortunately money is a very big deal since I'm still gonna have to upgrade the rest of my rig. I would like to know though if those atrocious prices justify themselves in terms of features (little faster, cooler, smaller, bigger, less noisy). The msi undoubtedly would be one of my main choices as I've read countless reviews, benchmarks for a week now and so far I've learned one of the top brands are msi, gigabyte and asus within these gtx 970 cards. BUT unfortunately, here in the Philippines, prices tend to be higher and as you could see the MSI twin frozr costs $419 as opposed to newegg selling it for like $350($340 after rebate). However, I would keep in mind your suggestions and try to see if I could squeeze in extra.

Edit: I have to sleep it's 2:31AM here, I'll get back asap once I wake up. Thanks!

then dont blow your money on an expensive one mate, even the palit ones are pretty good, a friend of mine had one and it was still very good.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Unfortunately money is a very big deal since I'm still gonna have to upgrade the rest of my rig. I would like to know though if those atrocious prices justify themselves in terms of features (little faster, cooler, smaller, bigger, less noisy). The msi undoubtedly would be one of my main choices as I've read countless reviews, benchmarks for a week now and so far I've learned one of the top brands are msi, gigabyte and asus within these gtx 970 cards. BUT unfortunately, here in the Philippines, prices tend to be higher and as you could see the MSI twin frozr costs $419 as opposed to newegg selling it for like $350($340 after rebate). However, I would keep in mind your suggestions and try to see if I could squeeze in extra.

Edit: I have to sleep it's 2:31AM here, I'll get back asap once I wake up. Thanks!

The low price dual fan Zotac card will be perfectly fine. Zotac is a good, reliable brand. You won't be able to overclock as much, and your card may be a bit louder, but that's about it.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I have asus strix 970 and temps and noise are good.

im a fan of asus but ive heard more bad reviews on the strix than ive heard good, heard its not that good at overclocking either and is generally more expensive than the others.

Go with the cheap Zotac. Most of the people here fight over a 1-2% increase in performance in the grand scheme of things and act as if that is important or the end of the world. Unless you water cool, they are pretty much all the same. You either get a good OC GPU or ram but really never both. If you do not OC, you would be fine with any of the 970's.

I have the same money constraints and prices aren't that different, take the Palit jetstream, it's the only one with a "normal" price and it isn't that bad either. I'm deciding as well between Strix and Jetstream, there's a difference of 20€ between them. (in my case)

Thank you guys, I think I'm gonna be getting a Jetstream (although my brother did offer to add just enough for a Twin Frozr if I let him play for 5 hours/day until he finishes like 5 games(roughly around a month). I'm still weighing it and might offer him the morning slot since I usually do chores and exercise around that time).

Whoever has the best warranty/customer support. Asus would be bottom tier on the later.

Whoever has the best warranty/customer support. Asus would be bottom tier on the later.

Oh yeah, great suggestion I totally forgot to weigh in the warranty! And for this I'll be holding off buying the Jetstream for now and I'll have to call everyone and ask for their warranties and find the one with the longest. With this warranty in mind, I could possibly buy the more expensive ones as I've been given a reason to consider them. I'll try to update this thread once I've asked them tomorrow.