G-Sync Vs FreeSync Event - July 18

jos

..that's what quality is..

No, quality is a measure of how well built something is. They're judging the performance of the 2 and which gives the better playing experience, not which has the better panel.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

No, quality is a measure of how well built something is. They're judging the performance of the 2 and which gives the better playing experience, not which has the better panel.

Quality is a lot more than "how well built something is"

Quality is a lot more than "how well built something is".

Yeah, I can actually see your point now I've typed it out.

The panel quality will affect the way the game looks which will be a part of how the user asseses the performance.

For this test to be remotely fair both sets should be using identical panels, that way the user is only seeing GS v FS and not panel v panel.

I was wrong :)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Who said anything about quality? This test will be looking exclusively at user experience. The testers don't have to live with the product so evaluating quality is not feasible.

On the contrary, have you seen the first FreeSync monitors, and the fiasco with the 40Hz-75Hz freesync cap?

That was a bad implementation and it was the manufacturer's fault, not AMD's, but ofc, butthurt guys jumped at AMD's throat. That thing lowered the "quality".

In my mind,  a quality product doesn't just mean a well built product, but also its ability to satisfy me as a consumer.

A good example is Genius' 5.1 systems. Some of them are very well built. Sturdy enclosures, made out of wood, quality stuff. But the sound is so bad I personally can't label them as "good quality".

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569