Good place to learn C++ and Unreal Engine 4?

Hello!

So I would like to begin to make games in Unreal Engine 4. I already know that Unreal Engine 4 only supports C++ as it's scripting language, so I would like to know if there is anywhere where I can get tutorials for using Unreal Engine 4, and also scripting in C++.

Thanks!

I'd recommend learning c++ separately (from a book and Google) before you try advanced stuff. I'm not too good at c++, but it's more difficult than most other languages so your basis must be pretty good if you want to do advanced stuff. Just buy a second hand book from eBay and start with that. Maybe Lynda.com? ;)

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

I'd recommend learning c++ separately (from a book and Google) before you try advanced stuff. I'm not too good at c++, but it's more difficult than most other languages so your basis must be pretty good if you want to do advanced stuff. Just buy a second hand book from eBay and start with that. Maybe Lynda.com? ;)

Solid advice, especially considering C++ is no scripting language and the whole engine is written in it.

C++ in Unreal isn't too bad as most of the objects you will ever need are made for you and I'd almost suggest jumping into it with content examples. There are also a ton of macros in UE4 so learning all of those is time consuming.

Blueprints are a solid place to begin but run at least 10x slower than C++ so definitely not an endgame solution.

As boring as it sounds the above two are absolutely right. I've been learning software engineering off of people who know what they're talking about for a year now and was messing about with it before I started my formal education on the field. I've grasped all the basic fundamentals of C# and Java but I couldn't concretely make a game yet. Making a game is a highly advanced thing. I mean I can mess about with the XNA game library and make a simple game but nothing complex. Learn the basic fundamentals of languages first before you even want to try making a game. You'll just get frustrated and annoyed. However, saying that one of the best ways of learning a programming language is by doing but start with smaller stuff first.