Packard Bell Laptop pink booting logo

Go to solution Solved by Magnet_man16,

Actually turned out to be a glitch or bug with packard bell where booting to a display other than expected resolution 1366x768 causes this issue. Tested after everything was repaired. May also have something to do with refresh rate too.

Hmm thats a good one.... what is the exact make and model of the laptop?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Hmm thats a good one.... what is the exact make and model of the laptop?

On the bottom it says Its a MS2384. But I think its actual model is EN-TE69KB. Although I only just now realised the model wasnt where it actually says Model:.

On the bottom it says Its a MS2384. But I think its actual model is EN-TE69KB. Although I only just now realised the model wasnt where it actually says Model:.

Is this your specs?

WY234993.JPG?browse

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Is this your specs?

WY234993.JPG?browse

Some differences:

AMD Quad-Core A4-5000

AMD Radeon HD 8330

4GB DDR3

Some differences:

AMD Quad-Core A4-5000

AMD Radeon HD 8330

4GB DDR3

Right your laptop is: Packard Bell Easynote EN TE69KB.

Go here and select whats above to find your drivers/BIOS updates: http://www.packardbell.co.uk/pb/en/GB/content/download

Right your laptop is: Packard Bell Easynote EN TE69KB.

Go here and select whats above to find your drivers/BIOS updates: http://www.packardbell.co.uk/pb/en/GB/content/download

That looks like it. I'll give it ago and see what comes of it. Hopefully It will solve the problem. Thanks! 

I know the current bios version is like 2.02 and the latest here is 2.09. Lets see what happens.

That looks like it. I'll give it ago and see what comes of it. Hopefully It will solve the problem. Thanks! 

I know the current bios version is like 2.02 and the latest here is 2.09. Lets see what happens.

A reflash should fix that hopefully, if not I wouldn't worry about it tbh.

A reflash should fix that hopefully, if not I wouldn't worry about it tbh.

Thanks soooo much. Yep a simple re-flash and updating of the BIOS solved this issue.  :) Now I just need a replacement LCD panel and it will be as good as new. Hopefully they'll learn a lesson from this. Patience for 5 minutes saves 5 hours of messing around and £50.

post-146721-0-08398500-1434810741_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually turned out to be a glitch or bug with packard bell where booting to a display other than expected resolution 1366x768 causes this issue. Tested after everything was repaired. May also have something to do with refresh rate too.