Need help Selecting Parts For A New Gaming PC

After trying to game on this old office computer for way to long, I am finally looking at getting a new computer, and am wondering what you guys would recommend.

I’m based in NSW, Australia. My budget is around $3000 - $5000, though I would prefer it to be around $4000's (AUD). I don’t want to build the computer myself if possible,
so I need to find someone capable of building this computer.

- I have no preference towards any particular brand.
- Is it possible to get a high resolution monitor (1440p?) that is also 144Hz with my budget?
- I need a new keyboard and mouse. I’d prefer the keyboard to have lights and the mouse to have lights, and no more than 1-2 buttons on the left side. I’d also prefer them to be wireless.
- Also need a new gaming headset (with a decent microphone).
- Windows 7 for the operating system.
- Has to connect to network via wireless.

Thanks!

for some ideas in aus i recommend msy.com.au and pccasegear.com for parts shipping was reasonable and if you live locally to an msy you can save a bundle by going into the store...

your budget seems pretty good, you could literally almost get all of the best gear going round for that kind of money, even in high price AUS

edit - for keyboard/mouse do you have a budget in mind for those, as you can go cheaper on those items to save for more cash elsewhere

With that budget you can even get the best parts in a pre build PC :P
I highly suggest building it on your own, but if you can't hit up local stores and ask them, most likely cheaer than big companys and you would even support those local shops.

If it is just for gaming don't get more than a i5/7, X99 is not needed for gaming, not even when the guy in the shops tells you. GPU wise the 980ti should be able to run 1440p @144p on medium to high settings, but with your budget you could get 2 tbh ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Here:

*snip*

Total: $3942.27

First off the op is in Australia not the USA. That build is going to cost a lot more there.

Also why 3 x 980's ? The 980 ti is the way to go for 1440p.

Also you don't need X99 just for a gaming build.

If you are purely gaming then an i5 and 8Gb Ram is fine.

You would need to add a Mouse/Keyboard and Headset. 

The Asus ROG Monitor is 1440p 144Hz. There is also the Acer Predator which is an IPS screen, although there is no price listed on pcpartpicker.

If you are not overclocking then you could cut the cooler down to something cheaper (CM Hyper 212 Evo or similar)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.00 @ CPL Online) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($159.00 @ CPL Online) 

Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO GAMER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($229.00 @ CPL Online) 

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($135.00 @ Umart) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($999.00 @ IJK) 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.00 @ PCCaseGear) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)  ($139.00 @ CPL Online) 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN3800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($35.00 @ CPL Online) 

Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($1049.00 @ CPL Online) 

Total: $3480.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-20 23:45 AEST+1000

First off the op is in Australia not the USA. That build is going to cost a lot more there.

Also why 3 x 980's ? The 980 ti is the way to go for 1440p.

Also you don't need X99 just for a gaming build.

Maybe if you did your research then you would know that .78 USD is 1 AUD so 4000 AUD is ~3143 USD 

for some ideas in aus i recommend msy.com.au and pccasegear.com for parts shipping was reasonable and if you live locally to an msy you can save a bundle by going into the store...

your budget seems pretty good, you could literally almost get all of the best gear going round for that kind of money, even in high price AUS

edit - for keyboard/mouse do you have a budget in mind for those, as you can go cheaper on those items to save for more cash elsewhere

Well, im new at this stuff and i dont have good knowledge at building pc's as ive had the same pc since 2009.

also ill check out them links, and for the keyboard/mouse and headset i will probably just get all my parts first(select) then build it and get my gear after

but thanks for the help.

Maybe if you did your research then you would know that .78 USD is 1 AUD so 4000 AUD is ~3143 USD 

I wish we had a facepalm smiley. 

If you did your research you would realise that it doesn't work like that. 

Quick google check tells me, $3942.27 USD = $5072.30 AUD

If you are purely gaming then an i5 and 8Gb Ram is fine.

You would need to add a Mouse/Keyboard and Headset. 

The Asus ROG Monitor is 1440p 144Hz. There is also the Acer Predator which is an IPS screen, although there is no price listed on pcpartpicker.

If you are not overclocking then you could cut the cooler down to something cheaper (CM Hyper 212 Evo or similar)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.00 @ CPL Online) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($159.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO GAMER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($229.00 @ CPL Online) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($135.00 @ Umart) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($999.00 @ IJK) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)  ($139.00 @ CPL Online) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN3800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($35.00 @ CPL Online) 
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($1049.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $3480.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-20 23:45 AEST+1000

Thanks, but im not looking to buy the parts really, im looking for a website where i can pre-build my pc then order it and get people to assemble it and deliver it to me.

Thanks, but im not looking to buy the parts really, im looking for a website where i can pre-build my pc then order it and get people to assemble it and deliver it to me.

You can use it as a guide as to what to buy. Any Australian website that can build you a pc should be able to get the parts in my spec. So if pccasegear can build you a system to your own spec, then my build will give you some idea of what to ask for. 

Total: $3942.27

Thanks for all that effort but i beleve i can get better than that, i know its alot less than the budget, it also gives me a good base line of how much i can save if i have some help from everyone here helping me. But im really new to the whole pc thing not in general but like ive had this same pc since 2009 so i dont want to risk breaking anything and i would also like loop liquid cooling, thanks anyway though.

You can use it as a guide as to what to buy. Any Australian website that can build you a pc should be able to get the parts in my spec. So if pccasegear can build you a system to your own spec, then my build will give you some idea of what to ask for. 

Does pccasegear build systems? Also ive used another website and it was with quite alot of really good stuff but it cost 6k but i beleve that was because i chose a 1k monitor so if i get a cheaper monitor and loop cooling cause i want loop cooling then it will be arround 6k still on that website but that was including their warrenty their extras like high priority dispatch and stuff and if i take away all that extra stuff on there website including $111 shipping and $100 assembaly then it will be arround $4500 for an awesome pc, but i seriously dont want to risk breaking anything and wasteing all that money so i want a website that can build it for me and shit/deliver it to me the problem with that website i was on before it didnt give me the option of quite afew things i wanted so it was really limited so im trying to get some good website advice and parts help so i dont make too big of mistakes, Thanks dude.

With that budget you can even get the best parts in a pre build PC :P

I highly suggest building it on your own, but if you can't hit up local stores and ask them, most likely cheaer than big companys and you would even support those local shops.

If it is just for gaming don't get more than a i5/7, X99 is not needed for gaming, not even when the guy in the shops tells you. GPU wise the 980ti should be able to run 1440p @144p on medium to high settings, but with your budget you could get 2 tbh ^^

Thanks for the help but, im really new to this building pc stuff thats why i really want someone to build it for me, i also have a base guideline of what i want i just want to have the ease of picking all the stuff on a website and sending the names of all the parts to them and getting them to assemble ship/deliver the built pc with the parts i chose to me cause i really dont want ro risk breaking anything, but thanks anyway for helping.

Does pccasegear build systems? Also ive used another website and it was with quite alot of really good stuff but it cost 6k but i beleve that was because i chose a 1k monitor so if i get a cheaper monitor and loop cooling cause i want loop cooling then it will be arround 6k still on that website but that was including their warrenty their extras like high priority dispatch and stuff and if i take away all that extra stuff on there website including $111 shipping and $100 assembaly then it will be arround $4500 for an awesome pc, but i seriously dont want to risk breaking anything and wasteing all that money so i want a website that can build it for me and shit/deliver it to me the problem with that website i was on before it didnt give me the option of quite afew things i wanted so it was really limited so im trying to get some good website advice and parts help so i dont make too big of mistakes, Thanks dude.

They have pre-assembled systems on their website, so I don't see why they wouldn't build you a pc to your own requirements. They would obviously just charge you a labour fee for building it. As long as you buy all the parts from them they i don't see why it would be a problem.

You should be able to get everything from my spec from them (Or a good alternative)

Thanks for the help but, im really new to this building pc stuff thats why i really want someone to build it for me, i also have a base guideline of what i want i just want to have the ease of picking all the stuff on a website and sending the names of all the parts to them and getting them to assemble ship/deliver the built pc with the parts i chose to me cause i really dont want ro risk breaking anything, but thanks anyway for helping.

´Just so get a POV, 1,5 years ago I knew nothing about PC building, 2 months later I got it, since then I try to help others because its not hard, but I understand it, like I said local is your best bet

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Here is a build using pccasegear as the sole store:

You would need to add a Mouse and Keyboard. I put the Kingston HyperX Cloud headset in as it gets good reviews. You can get something else though depending on what you want.

The 980 ti is also more expensive as the other versions are out of stock. They have some listed for under $1000 though.

http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/kHB

´Just so get a POV, 1,5 years ago I knew nothing about PC building, 2 months later I got it, since then I try to help others because its not hard, but I understand it, like I said local is your best bet

Yeah thanks its pretty hard when you first start, but then once you get it more it would get easier so thanks

Here is a build using pccasegear as the sole store:

You would need to add a Mouse and Keyboard. I put the Kingston HyperX Cloud headset in as it gets good reviews. You can get something else though depending on what you want.

The 980 ti is also more expensive as the other versions are out of stock. They have some listed for under $1000 though.

http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/kHB

You have a gaming pc correct? Also how do i contact them just through email? And i dont think i want a 980 because they i beleve are releaceing a new version so i was going to get just a 970 my friend said that its cheaper to get a 970 and it runs almost identical, unless that was a diffrent part, also ill take a look at that link and if ur pc is for gaming tell me a game you play and what settings? please cause currently on this work pc i have all my settings on low and i still lagg, I would also like a loop liquid cooling.

You have a gaming pc correct? Also how do i contact them just through email? And i dont think i want a 980 because they i beleve are releaceing a new version so i was going to get just a 970 my friend said that its cheaper to get a 970 and it runs almost identical, unless that was a diffrent part, also ill take a look at that link and if ur pc is for gaming tell me a game you play and what settings? please cause currently on this work pc i have all my settings on low and i still lagg, I would also like a loop liquid cooling.

I have a pc that I use for gaming although it is a few years old now (System is in profile)

I would say you are best emailing them first to see if they will build you a system to your own parts list. If they can, then you can make a parts list and just give them the link and take it from there.

If you plan on running a 144Hz 1440p Monitor than a GTX 970 might struggle if you want to play everything on ultra, especially if it is a demanding game. The 980 ti or the upcoming AMD Fury/X would be my choice for this kind of budget.

When you say you want liquid cooling do you mean a water cooler such as the Corsair H110i or H105 etc ? 

If you are talking about a custom loop (Rads, Res, pump, tubing etc) then that is going to be more costlier and probably not the best idea for a first build. A custom loop will require maintaining whereas a H100i or H105 is sealed and doesn't require any maintenance. 

I have a pc that I use for gaming although it is a few years old now (System is in profile)

I would say you are best emailing them first to see if they will build you a system to your own parts list. If they can, then you can make a parts list and just give them the link and take it from there.

If you plan on running a 144Hz 1440p Monitor than a GTX 970 might struggle if you want to play everything on ultra, especially if it is a demanding game. The 980 ti or the upcoming AMD Fury/X would be my choice for this kind of budget.

When you say you want liquid cooling do you mean a water cooler such as the Corsair H110i or H105 etc ? 

If you are talking about a custom loop (Rads, Res, pump, tubing etc) then that is going to be more costlier and probably not the best idea for a first build. A custom loop will require maintaining whereas a H100i or H105 is sealed and doesn't require any maintenance. 

Ohhh, Thanks dude my friend said that a water cooled loop is better he didnt tell me about the maintaing, so u suppose a normal water cooling is best for me, and yeah i suppose a Corsair H110i is good, im not sure if its better than what you put in that cart, also do you have an idea of what the best thing to use for running a 144Hz 1440p Monitor would be mabey even something better than one? Also when i look at people profile system things its too confusing cause this is my first build/first pc other than this one from 2009 but this was a pre built from the shops, also do you think you can go onto that pc website and assemble the best pc within my price range? also dont inclue headset mouse mousepan and keyboard ill pick that when you finish assembleing it, if you do assemble it you dont have too thanks for helping me throughout this.

Ohhh, Thanks dude my friend said that a water cooled loop is better he didnt tell me about the maintaing, so u suppose a normal water cooling is best for me, and yeah i suppose a Corsair H110i is good, im not sure if its better than what you put in that cart, also do you have an idea of what the best thing to use for running a 144Hz 1440p Monitor would be mabey even something better than one? Also when i look at people profile system things its too confusing cause this is my first build/first pc other than this one from 2009 but this was a pre built from the shops, also do you think you can go onto that pc website and assemble the best pc within my price range? also dont inclue headset mouse mousepan and keyboard ill pick that when you finish assembleing it, if you do assemble it you dont have too thanks for helping me throughout this.

Yes a custom loop would need the coolant topping up or replacing every so often, and also an inhibitor adding to stop the growth of microbes. You would also need to do leak testing as well.

A cooler such as the Corsair H105 is sealed so you don't have to deal with that problem. Once it is in then you can basically forget about it. I would say that the H105, H110 and H110i GT are the best of the corsair coolers. You also have the NZXT Kraken X61 which is very good.

The parts list that I did from pccasegear would be pretty much what I would go with if I was in your position. You can change things about though to suit your own preference if you want, as you might prefer a different colour scheme or case etc. 

If you want the highest possible framerates with a 1440p 144Hz monitor then the GTX 980 ti is a very strong card. The 750W power supply will also allow you to add a 2nd card in the future if you need to.

The Asus ROG Swift Monitor is a very good monitor if you want to game at 1440p. There is also the Acer Predator which is an IPS screen. This will give you better colour reproduction as it has a superior panel. The Asus ROG is a TN panel. You would be best looking at reviews for both before deciding on the one you want.

Keyboard/Mouse/Headset is also personal preference so go with whatever you want on that.

Yes a custom loop would need the coolant topping up or replacing every so often, and also an inhibitor adding to stop the growth of microbes. You would also need to do leak testing as well.

A cooler such as the Corsair H105 is sealed so you don't have to deal with that problem. Once it is in then you can basically forget about it. I would say that the H105, H110 and H110i GT are the best of the corsair coolers. You also have the NZXT Kraken X61 which is very good.

The parts list that I did from pccasegear would be pretty much what I would go with if I was in your position. You can change things about though to suit your own preference if you want, as you might prefer a different colour scheme or case etc. 

If you want the highest possible framerates with a 1440p 144Hz monitor then the GTX 980 ti is a very strong card. The 750W power supply will also allow you to add a 2nd card in the future if you need to.

The Asus ROG Swift Monitor is a very good monitor if you want to game at 1440p. There is also the Acer Predator which is an IPS screen. This will give you better colour reproduction as it has a superior panel. The Asus ROG is a TN panel. You would be best looking at reviews for both before deciding on the one you want.

Keyboard/Mouse/Headset is also personal preference so go with whatever you want on that.

Ok, its just i cant tell what is better also i definetly want 2 graphics cards, so is that power supply that u put on the wish list good enough for 2? and i just basicly want a widescreen monitor that has 144Hz and 1440p

Thanks again dude. ill check out pccasegear again and i will send you the wishlist when im finished editing and i would like your feedback on if things arnt compatable if things are bad and so on, thanks.

Ok, its just i cant tell what is better also i definetly want 2 graphics cards, so is that power supply that u put on the wish list good enough for 2? and i just basicly want a widescreen monitor that has 144Hz and 1440p

Thanks again dude. ill check out pccasegear again and i will send you the wishlist when im finished editing and i would like your feedback on if things arnt compatable if things are bad and so on, thanks.

Yes the EVGA G2 750W will power 2 x 980 ti cards and the rest of the system.

I think the Asus ROG Swift and Acer Predator are the only two 1440p 144Hz G-Sync monitors available at the moment. There are 1440p Freesync monitors, but they need an AMD graphics card.