Triple monitors or single large monitor?

Assassin

So I currently have an Asus 24 inch IPS monitor and I was considering picking two of them more because I need extra space especially for programming. But then I realized it would be a pain to move back and form between dorm and home at the end of every year and would take a lot of desk space. So I was considering a single large monitor about 27 to 32 inch but I torn between which way to go. My monitor budget is around 600 USD. My only requirement is that the monitors have to be IPS.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I like single larger displays, No bezels and a bit easier to run games just because it's one monitor instead of 3.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I like single larger displays, No bezels and a bit easier to run games just because it's one monitor instead of 3.

Any recommendations? 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I personally use dual (18.5" 16:9 + 17" 4:3)...

The extra real estate and the advantage of window snapping is very useful... so I suggest getting triple monitors over a single one...

You'd be able to multitask better due to the added res...

or you could go for a large 4K and have something like HydraVision (discontinued by AMD)....

The extra real estate and the advantage of window snapping is very useful... so I suggest getting triple monitors over a single one...

or you could go for a large 4K and have something like HydraVision (discontinued by AMD)....

Gaming on dual is a hassle. One giant bezel right in the middle of the action.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I probably won't be gaming all that much.

1 single large monitor is better imo. Easier to drive and not to mention no bezels in the middle of your display. Then again, you could only buy one more ^ for other tasks. 

My personal favorite is one great monitor in the middle, 24-27 inch, then on the the right or on both sides in portrait mode.

1 single large monitor is better imo. Easier to drive and not to mention no bezels in the middle of your display. Then again, you could only buy one more ^ for other tasks. 

Grab one more for your main.  Two for productivity.

What do you guys think about this one. Its a dell Ultrasharp 1440p 27 inch IPS

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00P0EQD1Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434773760&sr=8-2&keywords=dell+27+inch

Or should I get this one. Its a 27 inch Dell 4k IPS.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Monitor-P2715Q-27-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00PC9HFO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434773824&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+27+inch+4k

My personal favorite is one great monitor in the middle, 24-27 inch, then on the the right or on both sides in portrait mode.

This is what I am considering at this point. Going to make my 24 inch PA248Q portrait and get a single large 27 inch.

Any recommendations?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umhx2aa001 Or an ASUS PB258Q

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

This is what I am considering at this point. Going to make my 24 inch PA248Q portrait and get a single large 27 inch.

Thats my current setup for my desktop and I love it.

lg-34uc97-curved-ultrawide-34-300cdm2-34

Grab yourself a ultra-wide curved monitor. Will blow your mind.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

I only hear good things about the Ultrasharps, but they are pricey.  Looks really nice.  27" 4K might be too small though, 1440p is safer.

I would prefer one large or ultrawide monitor

no bezels makes it look way better, especially for movies or videos

you also get a larger image when playing 16:9 videos

no hassle to set up surround game settings, and fixing games to work, while some wont, and others have bugs

I would take a large 1440p or 4k screen over triple monitors any day (like my 55in tv, although you kinda need 4k for 55"...)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I run triple 24 in moniters.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Thats my current setup for my desktop and I love it.

Have any pics?

Have any pics?

One second. I was going to wait for my setup to be finished before showing it off but I suppose a teaser wont hurt :P

My rig is not powerful enough for dual monitor gaming... I turn off my auxiliary monitor when gaming...

if you can afford the 4K, go for the 4K... especially if you;re decided on a large single monitor setup...

Scaling should not be as horrible now...

lg-34uc97-curved-ultrawide-34-300cdm2-34

Grab yourself a ultra-wide curved monitor. Will blow your mind.

Tried one of these at a store and my mind was successfully blown. Almost impulse bought one but then i cam e to my senses :P

Have any pics?

Here ya go. Not a great pic but you get the picture :P

PiJlIDT.jpg

For gaming I'd take 1 large, for desktop I'd take triple/quadruple.

@Assassin What do you think?