Building new computer and dont want to use all of my internet in one night

natapper

I am working on building a new computer, and realized that I don't want to use all of my internet data in one night on all of my games. I have been gaming on a laptop, that I am planning on selling, so I do not want to just put the HDD into my new computer so what should I do? Most of my games are on steam and I have over 200gb of games. Some games such as GTA have folders in multiple places which would make it harder to just transfer from one computer to the other. What should I do? I was planning on just copying it all over the WiFi but realized that some games have folders all over. Please help!!

Take laptop HDD

Clone

Put clone in pc

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Download the games you want to play the most, leave the rest for a different time when your cap is cleared.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Dpending on the games some like bioshock and GTA will sync to the cloud. i would just look for the game saves and move them over. copying your hard drive could cause issues for you and the person you sell the laptop too.

Steam has an backup system that makes an image (ISO).  You pick the games you want to transfer over.  You copy that image to a drive and install it on your fresh OS.

install steam onto new PC

copy stream folder from old PC to new PC*

profit

*can either use home network or connect old hdd to new PC.

install steam onto new PC

copy stream folder from old PC to new PC

Yep. Just copy the steam files.

CPU i5 4690k 4.5GHz 

RAM 16GB 1866MHz 

GPU 980 Ti 1.2GHz