[Mini-News] Nokia phones are officially coming back in 2016

Bouzoo

Nokia CEO revealed to Germany's Manager Magazin that they indeed are planning to come back as a phone company. After Microsoft bought them, they said in April that they don't have any plans on returning in smartphone business, but it seems after their agreement with MS expires next year they are indeed coming back. We don't have any info on what phones/platforms they are gonna use but we just know they want their piece of cake. Also they announced in April they are gonna buy Alcatel for $17.8 billion and are selling their HERE maps atm (which seems Audi, BMW and Mercedes are gonna buy), so god knows what they are planning.

"We will look for suitable partners," Rajeev Suri said in an interview published on Thursday. "Microsoft makes mobile phones. We would simply design them and then make the brand name available to license."

What do you think, are they too late for this? They had some pretty good Windows phones. Would you buy a Nokia phone?

Sources: 1, 2

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm sorry, but I'm just here to see how many people will be completely mixed up by this. The wording of the article doesn't help either.

I'd buy a Nokia phone if it ran Windows, like the one I have now, it's an absolute beast. It's so damn thick, I can do whatever I want, and no scratches. But my next phone will most likely be a Microsoft Lumia 940

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Didn't MS just fire the last of the remaining Nokia employees (referring to devs/executives)?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'd buy a nokia phone, I never had any brand, and never will assuming I won't get a Jolla from my brother. Although that is basically still a nokia AFAIK.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I would... Companies had a shit ton to learn from Nokia. For example, camera software! Lumia 920 still has one of the best cameras in the market, was the first to use OIS and to have amazing manual control over the camera. Build quality is top notch from high end to low end. HERE Maps are the first maps to have offline maps and that just work insanely well compared to ANYTHING the competition has to offer, even compared to paid navigation, and it's all FREE! Just dominating!

I don't think going with WP was a mistake. Well it was to a certain extent. There needs to be competition, windows phone was needed, it works really good across all devices. Has great support from MS (lowest end phone from 2012/13 is getting the latest OS and updates to follow). The ONLY mistake was WP7, it wasn't ready, they released it too soon, the devices were great but the OS was immature and failed miserably, dragging them to the bottom. Honestly, if they released a few Android devices until WP got on it's feet, that would have saved them. But Elop did hes job and dragged the mobile device division to it's grave.

And for those crying over Nokia abandoning MeeGo (Maemo), they did the right thing! I had a N900 for close to 2 years, running Maemo, my friend ran MeeGo and it was horrible. While the device was open, could easily be used for anything and easily overclocked to 2x it's frequency (600- 1200MHz), all linux commands working (WEP cracking YEY). It was a giant SLUG, terrible performance, the market was slow, it was simply too much for the available hardware. :)