980Ti Drivers, subpar performance?

ablangc

Before I begin, please spare me the NVIDIA/AMD drivers are better/worse crap.  This will not answer my question  .

This pertains to WHQL 353.06/353.12(hotfix).

Anybody notice that these drivers really make a lot of games pretty unstable or slower than their old setup if you have upgraded to the 980 Ti.  I noticed last night when playing GTA V that my framerate is slower than my old 980 SLI setup.  So many dips in framerates that it created a lot of stutters within the game.  While it is still playable, it was quite annoying.  First I thought it was my overclock but the problem still persists even at stock settings.  I did a clean install of the old drivers just to make sure it was not that.  Installed my old 980 SLI setup and the problem is gone.  Right now I am only experiencing slow framerates with GTA V. 

Another problem arises when I run Heaven, Valley, or Firestrike.  It will momentarily pause, black out, and then continue on like their was nothing wrong.  Maybe the drivers crashed or something but when monitoring my GPU speed, it still shows the overclock still at 1451 MHz.  I figured I might as well try with stock settings and the same problem persists.

I would hate to do a full reinstall of windows 8.1 but would like to see what other 980 Ti owners are dealing with.  Hell, even if you are running 900/700/600 series gpu, are you encountering these problems?

Computer specs are in my sig.

Unfortunately, I can't revert back to older drivers because of the 980 Ti and the 353.06 initial drivers

I have a potato!

Just checked EVGA and NVIDIA web boards.  Looks like this is a common thing for a lot of 980Ti owners.

I have a potato!

I'm experiencing this exact same issue since upgrading to the 980 Ti on Monday. My rig loads windows usually within 4-5 seconds, & still does, but now applications/task manager/Windows Explorer are deathly slow to respond on start up. Event logs say error with kernel pnp, drivers here & there. All related to NV's latest driver one way or another. 

I'm really tired of the screen going black while using Chrome when the driver crashes, & the only way to get it back on is to reset & pray, or clear CMOS. -_____- This really is so ridiculous. Nvidia, stop acting frail.

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero ROG

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz CPU cooler: Corsair H80i PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Fans: Corsair AF/AF/AF/ 120 & 140's Case: CMStorm Scout 2 Advanced

I'm experiencing this exact same issue since upgrading to the 980 Ti on Monday. My rig loads windows usually within 4-5 seconds, & still does, but now applications/task manager/Windows Explorer are deathly slow to respond on start up. Event logs say error with kernel pnp, drivers here & there. All related to NV's latest driver one way or another. 

I'm really tired of the screen going black while using Chrome when the driver crashes, & the only way to get it back on is to reset & pray, or clear CMOS. -_____- This really is so ridiculous. Nvidia, stop acting frail.

For chrome, I found this fix:

go to chrome settings>advanced setting>uncheck *use accelerated hardware when available* this should be an immediate fix

I am not experiencing the slow start ups on applications.  God, that sounds horrible.

I have a potato!

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

For chrome, I found this fix:

go to chrome settings>advanced setting>uncheck *use accelerated hardware when available* this should be an immediate fix

Hahaha thanks for the tip :) I tweaked & figured that out the other night until the forums were flooded with it lol.

My mind blows a bit when I see Ludo (my box,) freak out the way he does when the driver crashes. He just goes complete retard.

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero ROG

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz CPU cooler: Corsair H80i PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Fans: Corsair AF/AF/AF/ 120 & 140's Case: CMStorm Scout 2 Advanced

Hahaha thanks for the tip :) I tweaked & figured that out the other night until the forums were flooded with it lol.

My mind blows a bit when I see Ludo (my box,) freak out the way he does when the driver crashes. He just goes complete retard.

Never gave my potato a name.  I am thinking about reinstalling my old 980's just so I can run it for right now until NVidia comes out with a new driver that fixes all these problems.

I have a potato!