Is it possible to install windows 8.1 and name the boot drive D

Rockwell

I've got a 120GB ssd as my boot drive "C" and a 1TB hdd "D" as my mass storage device. And the performance with this setup is fantastic. The only downside however, is that whenever i want to install a new program, it will default to the C drive, and since storage on my ssd is limited, i have to change it to D drive manually every single installation. It might not sound like a big deal but to me it is. And then there are the times where i forget to choose "custom installation" and miss the change install location, or even worse there are applications that wont even give you the option. So what im trying to do is install windows on my ssd but name it D drive and my hdd my C drive. is this possible? And if so, would there be any conflicts in the system? It's been a while since i installed my os and i've forgotten a lot of the options available, or if this is even worth the time. Any help appreciated!

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I don't think so. Since your PC will try to boot from the C: Drive, and won't find an OS :P

It is a pretty big downside to having a small SSD/Storage drive config, but you've just gotta deal with it.

I install most of my programs apart from games on my SSD, since it's 240gb.

Google: Assign drive letter... Im not sure if its actually gonna trick the programs to install to the C (formerly D) but it might work.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I don't think so. Since your PC will try to boot from the C: Drive, and won't find an OS :P

It is a pretty big downside to having a small SSD/Storage drive config, but you've just gotta deal with it.

I install most of my programs apart from games on my SSD, since it's 240gb.

You can just choose the SSD in the bios as the boot drive... shouldnt be a problem.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

You can just choose the SSD in the bios as the boot drive... shouldnt be a problem.

Ah. I tried..... Lol