Dual Xeon Build! (LGA 1366 + R9 295x2)

Octavialicious

In my quest for total silence, these must go. Check out my hardwareswap post if you want to get into dual xeon glory! https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/comments/47h35c/usaca_h_12_cores_24_thread_combo_2x_xeon_x5680/

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

This is a really cool build.  Love how the dual Noctua heatsinks look.  I am also planning a dual processor setup with the Corsair 540.  Did you have any issues mounting the board into the case?  Did you need to add any extra mounts?

13 minutes ago, HappyChubbs said:

This is a really cool build.  Love how the dual Noctua heatsinks look.  I am also planning a dual processor setup with the Corsair 540.  Did you have any issues mounting the board into the case?  Did you need to add any extra mounts?

Nope, worked just fine :) don't put 140mm fans in the front though, use 120mm as they have no clearance issues

My Xeons are for sale if you're interested! 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

49 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

Nope, worked just fine :) don't put 140mm fans in the front though, use 120mm as they have no clearance issues

My Xeons are for sale if you're interested! 

That is good to hear.  Started to get worried that the board would not fit,

Thanks, but going Dual LGA 2011.

What model are those CPU coolers?

I've got a dual Xeon Supermicro board as well. . X8DTL-iF.

Running dual X5560s the stock Intel coolers are having a hard time keeping a lid on CPU temps at 100% load. .

But the socket spacing on this board seems really tight and I'm not sure what other options there are that will cool better and still fit side-by-side.

The original supermicro coolers fit, but they're designed for the server case with ducted air across them. .

Even the Intel ones that are on it now I had to Dremel the sides that meet and the fins are touching each other.

IMG_8669.jpg

IMG_8677.jpg

IMG_8711.jpg

2 hours ago, HappyChubbs said:

Noctua  NH-U9DXi4

5 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

Noctua  NH-U9DXi4

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

How? Did the mounting points just happen to fit? And what socket are those coolers for?

They're apparently genuine Intel 1366 coolers. Originally from where I have no idea. I just found them on eBay when searching for 1366 coolers.

I'm pretty sure this was the listing;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172085427694

Had to remove the backplates that go with the Supermicro coolers, and then mount the CPU hold down bracket straight to the board instead. And then the holes in the board where the threaded standoffs came through from the Supermicro backplates are the same spacing as the mounting pins on those coolers.

But they're only JUST fitting. . they touch each other and it's pretty hard to get all 8 of the mounts to lock down.

Definitely not ideal.

My e7 2890v2's are coming in the mail soon . Can't wait.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

6 minutes ago, nitrolx said:

They're apparently genuine Intel 1366 coolers. Originally from where I have no idea. I just found them on eBay when searching for 1366 coolers.

I'm pretty sure this was the listing;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172085427694

Had to remove the backplates that go with the Supermicro coolers, and then mount the CPU hold down bracket straight to the board instead. And then the holes in the board where the threaded standoffs came through from the Supermicro backplates are the same spacing as the mounting pins on those coolers.

But they're only JUST fitting. . they touch each other and it's pretty hard to get all 8 of the mounts to lock down.

Definitely not ideal.

Do you think it's possible to mount 1150 coolers to 1366 sockets?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats