Looking to upgrade my gpu

jdmilion

so im looking to upgrade from my 750ti to a "new" card.

My budget is 300-400$

What im looking at:

Gtx 690 (used)

Gtx 970 (new)

Gtx780/780ti (used)

R9-295x2 (used if i can even find one this cheap)

If i can find an r9-295x2 for 400$ or less, i will buy it for sure and wait to install it untill i get a new psu

Im leaning towards a gtx 690

But id like to see your guys thoughts and what you reccomend.

Only looking to spend 400$ on the 295x2

The rest my budget is about 350$

If you play at 1080p a 970 will play all new games and any new games for the upcoming years at 1080p. Atleast 3 more years nearly Max settings without AA ect ect...

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I'd go with the 970, plus, it comes with a free game

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

If you play at 1080p a 970 will play all new games and any new games for the upcoming years at 1080p. Atleast 3 more years nearly Max settings without AA ect ect...

would the 690 perform better than the 970? there isnt a lot of vs. tests with new cards and old cards haha. Also in sli (because im looking to eventually sli both cards probably a year or so after i get them) how would they perform?

i just want the best damn pc i can get hahah

Used 7970(280X) is your best bet, they start around 120 USD. They are fine for 1080P gaming. 

oops forgot to mention looking at render performance as well :3

Used 7970(280X) is your best bet, they start around 120 USD. They are fine for 1080P gaming. 

eh the 280x isnt as powerful as i would like. 

eh the 280x isnt as powerful as i would like. 

Might as well buy a 290X 8GB card for value i guess......

would the 690 perform better than the 970? there isnt a lot of vs. tests with new cards and old cards haha. Also in sli (because im looking to eventually sli both cards probably a year or so after i get them) how would they perform?

i just want the best damn pc i can get hahah

Meh SLI isn't the thing to do, A better more powerful card will always be better. Not all games support SLI. A 970 at 1080p will be more then enough to last for a few years. A 690 will also run any games out there at 1080p but I'm more of the "Lean towards newer architecture" Kindda person. If you are gonna SLI it will be better then a 970 but like I said not every game supports SLI.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Might as well buy a 290X 8GB card for value i guess......

ehhhh the 970 massivly outclasses the 290x :3

Meh SLI isn't the thing to do, A better more powerful card will always be better. Not all games support SLI. A 970 at 1080p will be more then enough to last for a few years. A 690 will also run any games out there at 1080p but I'm more of the "Lean towards newer architecture" Kindda person. If you are gonna SLI it will be better then a 970 but like I said not every game supports SLI.

alright i think ill go 970 then, however if i find a r9-296x2... ohhhh baby gonna be all kinds of fun with that titanX matching performance hahah

Here is the thing if you find a 295x2... you will need to upgrade your PSU. The big thing is  that there is a lot of great options.

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

ehhhh the 970 massivly outclasses the 290x :3

Not for higher res than 1080/1440P.

Not for higher res than 1080/1440P.

no no shhhh amd fan.

the 970 is still more powerful by a lot.

and im not being biased because im the neutral "dont care if its nvidia or AMD, gimme the fastest card for my money"