What do you guys think of JayzTwoCents?

Overkilled

He's great, also damn there's hate on this forum o=

Hate? Most of the posts are largely positive.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Hate? Most of the posts are largely positive.

I know most of them are but when you see hate you see it go hard

Guys seriously,

He is another tech enthusiast, just like the rest of us... 

He brings you free information - I would go so far as to say good information on subjects and topics I for one am very much interested in.

All this crap about arrogance, Pompous prick, fists in face or he's full of shit... WTF & grow the fuck up!

Totally unnecessary guys and something I wouldn't have expected to see on these forums...

D,

P.s sorry for rant

Seems to be pretty fucking wreckless with how he spends his money. good videos though.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

He's sooooo hawt !

Joking aside, I'm not bothered by any elitism or attitude people seem to be complaining about.

As for that other channel that Jay is being compared with, I'd love to see what Wendell would do on his own.

He can be abit of dick in the cooment section making someone angry then deleting his comment to hide his tracks like nothing happened but other then that he is great

Any proof to back that claim?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Any proof to back that claim?

I have seen him retract responses on twitter. He seems to have a react first think later plan for social media. But I wouldn't day he is a dick to people.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I have seen him retract responses on twitter. He seems to have a react first think later plan for social media. But I wouldn't day he is a dick to people.

I don't care for twitter. I just mean his YouTube channel. Any proof.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I like his reviews, and his water cooling build logs are top notch.

I really don't have much bad to say about him. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

If I was going to WC my computer I'd know where to go he's second on my list of youtuber techies next to Linus 3rd is barnecles and I like him better than tech of tomorrow/ tech syndicate personally I when I look for a video I check Linus then jay

I don't watch his videos. I have only seen him on a couple other Youtuber's videos, but never checked out a single video from his channel. LOL, I use to think his name was "Jay Z 2 cents." Nothing against him, I just don't watch his content.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

to me, Jay is an inspiration.

It was his videos that actually inspired me to get into overclocking for the first time, which wasn't all that long ago. He explained it in such a way as that I actually understood and he inspired confidence. Likewise with GPU overclocking and watercooling

I also follow his vlog/lifestyle stuff, he's got a good network (barnacules nerdgasm, coconutmnky and the others) and he's a bit of an inspiration to me in terms of his weight loss (like, 500lbs down to 275...)

Main / Corsair 220T / RM750 / B450 Tomahawk Max / R5 3600 / 16GB 3200 / GTX 1660 Super

2nd / Precision T1700 / i7-4770 / 16GB 1600 / RX 570 8GB

I've seen a few of his videos.

He comes off as a bit of a jerk to me.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've seen a few of his videos.

He comes off as a bit of a jerk to me.

this seems to be a bit of a running theme

I'd encourage anyone who follows Jay to also follow his other channel:-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy53VTYXp9w_6Svuz1afCgw

he doesn't update this one as much, but you get to see a bit more of what he's like as a person. Keep work and socia seperate tends to be the best way i find.

Main / Corsair 220T / RM750 / B450 Tomahawk Max / R5 3600 / 16GB 3200 / GTX 1660 Super

2nd / Precision T1700 / i7-4770 / 16GB 1600 / RX 570 8GB

Guys guys ive seen with my own eyes him being a cocky bastard the comment went something along the lines of people asking him about the enthoo luxe so he dissed it saying it was shitty compared to his caselabs sm8 basically getting people all pissed of then deleting the comment like nothing happened

I cite my background to indicate I've actually had classes on fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, all that good stuff. So when Jay tries to plant a flag that loop order doesn't matter and serial v. parallel is the exact same thing I know he's full of shit.

We have to remember that YouTube reviewers, no matter how popular or well produced their channels are are not (for the most part) true tech insiders - they are not software, hardware or electrical engineers. They may talk with a lot of authority but sometimes the actual science behind their explainations are specious at best and other times are just flat out wrong. Although Linus is full of hyperbole he does at least backs up his statements with benchmarks. But none of them are unbiased reviewers. None.

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

2/156 not good. 

I like his reviews but that is about it.

I cannot tell you what I think of him without breaking the code of conduct

What I can tell you is that he is:

1) Unscripted. This is not a good thing. Goofing around its funny, but it serves no purpose in something technically objective like reviewing hardware

2) Uncensored. Take it for what it is

3) Lousy at best at interpersonal relationships: Seeing how routinely picks up fights with other youtubers including but not limited to taking petty obvious cheap shots at Linus he had to address (At Logan too but hardly worth mentioning cause of Logan's reaction which was stupid even if justified)

4) Factually wrong a lot of the times: as I previously mentioned he goes off on rants on mistakes and overlooks which go from the reasonable to the utterly incomprehensibly moronic for a supposed professional (Like living Vsync on and complaining how he could not get more than 60FPS)

All of it is quite irrelevant except for the fact that imho he is basically kinda weighting down Barnacules quite a bit who just needs to move on from Tech Talk and his professional relationship with Jay, but I don't worry because if you look at 3) he will eventually piss Jerry the fuck off probably sooner than later.

-------

Current Rig

-------

We have to remember that YouTube reviewers, no matter how popular or well produced their channels are are not (for the most part) true tech insiders - they are not software, hardware or electrical engineers. They may talk with a lot of authority but sometimes the actual science behind their explainations are specious at best and other times are just flat out wrong. Although Linus is full of hyperbole he does at least backs up his statements with benchmarks. But none of them are unbiased reviewers. None.

Many are not quite as arrogant. Again take it for what it is but when your confidence raises to the level of bravado, when (not if) you make a mistake you won't be able to not look like a fucking idiot and more over, probably won't apologize for or even acknowledge mistakes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Do you guys like people who have a laugh in videos or more serious formal videos?

He seems professional but he has some weird views.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!