Three questions about headphones

ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName
Go to solution Solved by h264,

1. Not unless you turn them up too loud

2. The ones you are looking at are fine

3. You mean an amp for if they aren't loud enough.  Only if you want the DT990 600 Ohm version.  The 250 Ohm version should barely be OK with most of them.  The HD 598 won't be a problem.

I'm currently considering buying new headphones and will probably buy the HD 598 or the DT-990. However I have a few questions:

1. Besides new headphones I will also get a for things like Skype and teamspeak. Will the sound leakage of open headphones be audible to the ones I'm talking to?

2. Which headphones would you recommend me for a budget of 175€? They will be used for music(rock, metal, classical) and gaming.

3. Should I buy a DAC when buying the headphones or will the built-in audio card of my motherboard be enough?

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

1. Not unless you turn them up too loud

2. The ones you are looking at are fine

3. You mean an amp for if they aren't loud enough.  Only if you want the DT990 600 Ohm version.  The 250 Ohm version should barely be OK with most of them.  The HD 598 won't be a problem.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

My HD598's just arrived today, they're amazing!!!!! :D

1. Sound leakage is not that bad tbh, i expected worse.

2. The HD598 for sure

3. As @h264 said, amp isn't necessary for the HD598's as they're only 30OHMS.  Sounds great on my ipod touch, and HTC one m9 as well, audio levels are good. 

HD598 is my vote! :D

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!