The Witcher 3...Finished it.

mckrackin5324

I was told it was a 200 hour story but I got it in 55.lol...

I know I could have drug it out more but I seriously play games to see the finishing credits roll.

The game was a let down all the way to the Battle of Kaer Morhen...then it got interesting and the pace definitely picked up a few notches....and then it was over.

Got a bit of a scare at the end but it finished ok.

One part of the game that I felt was especially broken was gathering allies for the big battle.

The destinations aren't exactly numbered and I apparently went to the last one first which caused me to fail about a dozen quests that I never even started...oh well.

I won't give any real spoilers but I'll give this game a solid 7/10 in my book.

There were several frustrating times in the game but all in all...it was fun.

Now...about these DLC pieces...I have yet to see them in game. How do I get them enabled?

If you only played it for 55 hours you only played a fraction of the game and skipped a lot of content. 

I played the story. 

Everything else is just a bunch of repetitive nonsense.

Same monster with a different paint job. Over and over.lol...

Every single thing in the game is repeated dozens of times. 

Same characters all over the world. People I killed showing up later to help me out. 

I may have skipped some stuff that is technically content but I didn't miss any of the substance. 

Now I can free roam and check out the scenery and kill some of those monsters again.

The combat is the same no matter what.

It was fun and I will investigate the world now.  

Lol just lol.

55 hours only for a story is damn good, show me another game which can do that without being boring as hell.

The Witcher 3 easily has solid content for 100-150 hours.

Idk who said that they story would last 200 hours because the devs promised 50 hour storyline.

I played the story. 

Everything else is just a bunch of repetitive nonsense.

Same monster with a different paint job. Over and over.lol...

Are we playing the same game? This has to be the RPG with the least repetitive side quests, and I found the monsters and lore behind them really interesting and compelling, compared to run of the mill foes in other games.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

55h ? Mate, you didn't do any side quests or exploration ?

This game isn't a nugget, it's a Tournedos Rossini.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

The reason you fail the other side quests is because they had to deal with the story. Like return to crookbak bog. The story took me 40 hours and I did no side quests. But this game is the best there is for the side quests.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

The reason you fail the other side quests is because they had to deal with the story. Like return to crookbak bog. The story took me 40 hours and I did no side quests. But this game is the best there is for the side quests.

I know that but I didn't know which place not to walk in to to effectively end the game.

I'm going to back up and load an older save because now the game is dead....absolutely nothing to do and no opponents left that aren't one hit kills.

How do you make a game without repetitive stuff in it that lasts ~100 hours? I found this having much more variety than Dragon Age Inquisition and I finished that game in ~40 hours. Witcher took about 90 hours for me. 

The game warns you at least once when you are nearing a point of no return(quests failing) or am I remembering that wrong?

The game warns you at least once when you are nearing a point of no return(quests failing) or am I remembering that wrong?

It happens.

I thought the game had a lot of variety in enemies and tactics needed to defeat them. I thought the story was awesome and very interesting. I also think they hit it out of the park when it comes to side quests; Each one is wonderfully voice acted and has great cut scenes. Each felt like it could have been a main quest in my opinion. But, to each his own I suppose.

After I had to go find a missing person/thing for the 5th time in a row, I stopped playing.

I don't think anyone has said W3 is a 200-hour story, anyone who says that is just a moron.  It's a 50 hour story at the most, don't know how that's disappointing, especially when AAA games these days come out with like 10 hour stories and think they can justify the $60 purchase.

Failing quests at a certain point is normal.  Though IMO failing a quest meant that it actually held some importance compared to side quests so when I reached the areas where I was about to fail quests I looked at what I failed and reloaded.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I was told it was a 200 hour story but I got it in 55.lol...

What level were you when you finished? I'm level 14 and over 40 hours in already, and this has hardly been a completionist run. I haven't even been to Skellige yet. I don't feel like it's about to suddenly end in another 15 hours from where I am.

What difficulty were you on?

What level were you when you finished? I'm level 14 and over 40 hours in already, and this has hardly been a completionist run. I haven't even been to Skellige yet. I don't feel like it's about to suddenly end in another 15 hours from where I am.

What difficulty were you on?

I finished a level 28

When I talk about repetitive...I mean the little stuff that bugs me.

All the monsters are built on the same frame.

All the characters stand in the same pose when talking and use the same gesticulation.

All the Wild Hunt boss fights seem like the same fight.

Stuff like that annoys me. Especially a title who brags on their extensive programming and huge worlds.

A room is not bigger just because the walls are mirrored.

OP definitely sounds like a troll.

lol...Don't like something you like so obviously troll...smfh

Why are we complaining about how someone plays a game? it's almost as bad as backseat gaming.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

OP definitely sounds like a troll.

The OP said he found the game repetitive, the enemies repetitive and he gets called a troll?

I'm sorry but you need to go google what a troll is, or take a look in the mirror.

It's his opinion on the game, you don't like it so he's a troll.....you're a joke.  

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

lol...Don't like something you like so obviously troll...smfh

I don't think you're trolling, but I don't see how you got to level 28 in so little time. Even just meeting the level requirements for some of these quests is taking me quite a lot of time and effort; as I said, level 14 with about 40 hours so far. Did you play on the easiest difficulty and just skip through all the dialogue or something?

I don't think you're trolling, but I don't see how you got to level 28 in so little time. Even just meeting the level requirements for some of these quests is taking me quite a lot of time and effort; as I said, level 14 with about 40 hours so far. Did you play on the easiest difficulty and just skip through all the dialogue or something?

He's actually quite low in terms of levels.  Evidence that he skipped through a lot of content.  I ended the story at level 35.  Also after the (spoilers!) Battle of Kaer Morhen, you get fed EXP big time.  Story quests often give you like 1000-3000 EXP past that point.  

I finished with around 80 hours of playtime btw, and I estimate I spent around 50-60 of the those hours doing story or related quests.  Also each subsequent area starts raising the story's pace.  Velen is pretty god damn slow, but Novigrad was much faster, and Skellige went by in almost an instant (shame because there's actually a lot of interesting stuff in Skellige but due to the need to have a loading screen between the Velen/Novigrad map and Skellige, it's annoying to go back and forth).  Not to say that the pacing is bad, the pacing is rather excellent, but it could have been better and even more fleshed out.

I heard there was much witch fucking.....is this true?

(SPOILER) Don't be a playboy, it will come to bite you in the ass.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I skipped a lot of dialog and you start ranking up fast in the closing part of the game.

I've dropped back to The Isle of Mists to start over and I was a level 19 at that point.

I just spent hours to get a freaking sword.lol...From the Dumpling guy...Jeeeez what a long drawn out way to get a sword.

It's a badass sword though...Better than I had at level 28....Level 20 now.

The OP said he found the game repetitive, the enemies repetitive and he gets called a troll?

I'm sorry but you need to go google what a troll is, or take a look in the mirror.

It's his opinion on the game, you don't like it so he's a troll.....you're a joke.  

He's balancing between cherrypicking and straight up lying. Sounds an awful lot of a troll to me.

You're a joke.