Half Life 3 coming late 2014 to PC and Console

After 6 long… long years it is finally here: Half Life Episode 3. Confirmed to NoShitShurlock by John Guthrie founder of Quake command and Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 level designer.  After much back and forth emailing he confirms to us that the game will include many of the main characters from Half Life 2 and “the story continues where it left off”.

The game is currently under development and will be released on the Pc, Mac, Xbox One, Playstation 4, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. As of now we don’t know how far they are in development, but we expect the first demo and trailer to be released at E3 2014.

“i can’t confirm all too much since the development is still in early stages, but for now i can confirm that we are going to release on both current and next generation consoles and we will also release the game on our own platform exclusively for Pc and Mac.” John Guthrie writes “We hope to have the first trailer ready for E3 2014, which we (after several times not attending) will finally come back to”

Valve decided to not make a Half Life 2 Episode 3 because the story will vary a little bit from the original, all though it will include many of the main characters. The new game mechanics, improved game engine and next gen console’s led Valve to creating Half Life 3.

John Guthrie also confirmed to us that there will be no multiplayer or co-op, the game will be purely Single player based.

http://www.noshitshurlock.com/half-life-3-coming-late-2014-to-pc-and-console/

Many call it fake.So what are your opinions on this? Is it true or just speculation?

Probably fake, valve cant count to 3

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

This comment on the page pretty much sums up my opinion...

39d1d32d8065c61c05b5c80374f75d07.png

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Only place HL3 will show up anytime soon will be on stearn... STEARN. Not steam.

It's all nonsense and unless you have direct word from Valve don't believe anything you read about their games or service.

Half Life 3 is becoming as lame as those end of the world doomsday theories. A new date pops up everytime we pass the old one while people are running around in the streets saying it's "near" or happening "soon"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I'm so not even remotely excited for HL3 anymore. It's sad that release dates and confirmations have become useless internet jokes for more than 5 years now.

Half Life 3 is becoming as lame as those end of the world doomsday theories.

I figure the gameplay will be the same and the graphics/physics/AI won't be any better than CS:GO. I don't feel like anything new will be brought into the game besides the story.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

With all the hype and high expectations for HL:3, whatever valve put out is going to underwhelm us if we keep anticipating launch dates.

Let it come, if it is even coming.

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

Highly doubt it. My heart-strings have long been broken by misled Half Life 3 stories.

Didn't someone claim that they are making a new source engine before they made Episode 3?

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

I'm still going to keep saying it will be a 2015 release.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I would kinda like to see episode 3 for half-life 3.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

I figure the gameplay will be the same and the graphics/physics/AI won't be any better than CS:GO. I don't feel like anything new will be brought into the game besides the story.

This post is illogical. Valve generally moves gameplay forward like they did from hl1 to hl2. Or from portal 1 to portal 2. Whatever similarities there are will be because they are both first person shooters in the same series. And considering the fact that they are currently overhauling their engine there is No Reason to think it will look like CSgo. Remember valve is loaded with cash to the extent that they can survive without releasing hl3, plus they are a private company which has no publishers or shareholders pressuring them to release games fast. This is the reason it's they haven't released yet, basically they know it's their flagship and they won't release it until they feel they have got something worthwhile. It may still be a failure but if it is can be sure it will be an ambitious failure like rage and not a clone. Or they won't release it at all.

This post is illogical. Valve generally moves gameplay forward like they did from hl1 to hl2. Or from portal 1 to portal 2. Whatever similarities there are will be because they are both first person shooters in the same series. And considering the fact that they are currently overhauling their engine there is No Reason to think it will look like CSgo. Remember valve is loaded with cash to the extent that they can survive without releasing hl3, plus they are a private company which has no publishers or shareholders pressuring them to release games fast. This is the reason it's they haven't released yet, basically they know it's their flagship and they won't release it until they feel they have got something worthwhile. It may still be a failure but if it is can be sure it will be an ambitious failure like rage and not a clone. Or they won't release it at all.

Gameplay didn't move forward much from Portal 1 to Portal 2 (jumping higher, moving faster?). They are both great puzzle games, but nothing really new was added besides the storyline.

To me, the groundbreaking change from HL1 to HL2 was the upgraded source engine which allowed for amazing physics puzzles and better overall looks.

All I am saying is that I cannot expect such revolutionary gameplay changes to HL3 considering so many games now have things like beautifully rendered, destructible environments, wide open maps, non-linear gameplay, etc. This isn't the main point of my argument, but objects in the current source engine are either still boxy or cartoonishly round.

I'm excited for the storyline, not so much the game itself. And as AdamG1401 said:

With all the hype and high expectations for HL:3, whatever valve put out is going to underwhelm us if we keep anticipating launch dates.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

I am going to guess since nobody else has confirmed Half Life 3 that Valve wouldnt just tell one source that I have never heard of. 

I can confirm that this game has been confirmed more times a church full of catholic teenagers