Build Advise - Gaming / VR / Productive Rig

Hi Everyone!

New forum member here - glad to join such a thriving community. I hope to become a well involved part it. 

My primary reason for joining today is to seek some advise on a rig I am building. I have some past experience building computers and look forward to getting back into the game!

I've compiled a list of components here: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Bj92Mp

To make everyone's live easier, allow me to answer the key questions:

Budget

2600 (GBP) max. 

United Kingdom. Looking at the list, I am confident I can source all parts in the UK. 

Purpose

So the purpose of this rig comes in multiple parts as follows:

• Gaming: I will be ditching my PS4 for something a little more "next-gen". I will be playing a combination of platform titles such as Arkham Knight and Tomb Raider as well FPS such as COD and BattleField. Additionally, hoping to play titles such as Counter Strike with friends. I am looking for an awe inspiring experience with the target to game at 1440p at a higher than 60 frame rate (hopefully much higher than this). I have decided to ignore 4k for now as I cannot afford the horse power nor are there any sufficient output displays (4k 120hz+). I think the monitor and GPU that I have selected are a good fit for my purpose but happy to seek opinion. I may choose to eventually jump into 4k gaming when the technology is there so I would like the option to add to my current configuration if required (potentially SLI). 
  • Virtual Reality: I am planning on purchasing the Oculus Rift consumer version when it is released in 2016. The build above must be suited to play well with the VR experience with ease. 
  • Productivity: I will also be using the rig for work related purposes. I will be utilising software including SQL Sever, Visual Basic and various other development tools, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Photoshop for asset development. I appreciate that the monitor I have included is a TN panel but as I am not photo editing but instead producing wireframes for apps for example, I do not think this will be a problem though your opinions are appreciated. Alternatively, I could hold out for the ASUS IPS counterpart (PG279Q) but I have no idea when this is released.

Additional Notes / Questions

• Looking to build the rig early July.
  • I will be installing Windows 10 upon it's release.
  • Considering to purchase an Xbox One controller for the care free platform titles.
  • I want to a build that is not too noisy. It doesn't have to be dead silent but silent enough as to not be distracting.
  • Should I increase my budget an opt for the X99 / 2001-v3 chipset / DDR 4 configuration? Is this approach more "future proof" or overkill? 
  • Is my current configuration overkill? 

Hopefully thats enough info but if you guys need more just shout!

Thanks in advance!

Saj