My friend thinks its stupid to play Low End Games.....WHY

ThatGingerKid

Ok im not a fussy gamer. I dont need to play all the latest FPS games and what not. I prefer the Low End games as they focus more on Gameplay than Graphics and that is how i like it. I had my 6800K build for those games but then my friend is telling me that eventually Low End games wont exist and i will have to pay a tonne of cash for my builds. Is he wrong.

I don't quite understand what you mean

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Ok im not a fussy gamer. I dont need to play all the latest FPS games and what not. I prefer the Low End games as they focus more on Gameplay than Graphics and that is how i like it. I had my 6800K build for those games but then my friend is telling me that eventually Low End games wont exist and i will have to pay a tonne of cash for my builds. Is he wrong.

Go slap some sense to your ignorant friend

They're not going to just delete all of the low end games.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Drop kick him AND THEN drop kick him again. o nearly forgot, put some 8 bit music on in the background as well.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Your friend doesn't understand that games aren't about graphics but gameplay.

With my build I sometimes still play flash games once in a while because there are some very fun ones. 

My favourite game is still the 1995 Red Alert. It's awesome and nothing can replace my love for it. 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

If your friend considers himself a gamer, newsflash he isn't. Now go slap some sense into him and then IMP him to the sun.

If your friend considers himself a gamer, newsflash he isn't. Now go slap some sense into him and then IMP him to the sun.

You know nothing about this person OP has mentioned and your first action is violence?

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

You know nothing about this person OP has mentioned and you're first action is violence?

Yes because he is saying stupid things that make no sense about games that are great and a lot of em being better than "high end" games. he is basically saying BS after BS. And also there are other comments about violent things that should be done to him lol.

Wheres my code for early access?):

I will be hopefully giving out alpha key access once the game is in a playable version. Most likely I will give out 10 keys a day.

\

I think we've arrived at the consensus that you should slap your friend with your foot. 

But yeah, show him the history of gaming and he should know that there will always be a difference of quality between games--at least relative to our lifetimes. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes because he is saying stupid things that make no sense about games that are great and a lot of em being better than "high end" games. he is basically saying BS after BS. And also there are other comments about violent things that should be done to him lol.

"my friend is telling me that eventually Low End games wont exist and i will have to pay a tonne of cash for my builds."

I can think of a lot of games high and low end that have sucked and ones that have rocked.

What i'm saying is, you're a PC gamer if you play PC games and enjoy the culture of it all. We know he plays PC games("high end"), and we can assume he enjoys the culture of it over other alternatives. Thus he's a PC gamer.

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

who cares what games anyone f'in plays.. this thread is so pointless

to each his own end of story

Meh, I'm not into old games or a majority of indie games.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

"my friend is telling me that eventually Low End games wont exist and i will have to pay a tonne of cash for my builds."

I can think of a lot of games high and low end that have sucked and ones that have rocked.

What i'm saying is, you're a PC gamer if you play PC games and enjoy the culture of it all. We know he plays PC games("high end"), and we can assume he enjoys the culture of it over other alternatives. Thus he's a PC gamer.

No he is just giving games a bad name. If he would have actual reasons and facts to say why those low end games suck(which he doesnt) then ok .

I will be hopefully giving out alpha key access once the game is in a playable version. Most likely I will give out 10 keys a day.

Don't forget me when you do so heh, will it be on greenlight?

No he is just giving games a bad name. If he would have actual reasons and facts to say why those low end games suck(which he doesnt) then ok .

All I'm saying is it is wrong to jump to conclusion when you only know ONE sentence about someone.

Don't forget me when you do so heh, will it be on greenlight?

That's the plan, but yeah. We are still awhile from a playable version :D

\

All I'm saying is it is wrong to jump to conclusion when you only know ONE sentence about someone.

I only need to know one sentence to see that he is ignorant in this case. But ok let's leave this be.

Play the games you want, not every game is for everyone. Who doesn't play a round of solitare or mines from time to time?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Play the games you want, not every game is for everyone. Who doesn't play a round of solitare or mines from time to time?

I prefer minesweeper. It's more captivating

i have not seen any indication that "indie" games (at least, that's what i think your "friend" means by "low-end") will fade out. besides, those indie games are sometimes the best. FTL, anyone?

as for the "tonne of cash for my builds" bit... yeah, your friend is trippin'. since you've stated you've had an APU in your build, i'm assuming you probably didn't spend that much on it (i'm guessing $500-$600?). great gaming doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg, and judging by that statement your friend is probably ignorant to that fact, likely based on the established stereotype of PC gaming.

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

graphics will always be a concern with me, but it has to do more with art style and color pallet, and how crisp the visuals are, it's not about blue tint and sunglare to the max.
and indie games are great, they are cheap and fun. Look at Bastion, an amazing title with great artwork and gameplay, and even has it's own inovatting ideas.

Although I play a bunch of AAA games, it's always nice to unwind to something basic, like remembering the times where we didn't have to compare graphics in games, hell, I just played a game because it was fun, I didn't know too much about better looking games until the 3rd grade, but back to the topic, it's always good to have something fresh.
Although the industry is now becoming saturated with pixel art games after minecraft -__-