Fury x 649$

Munalos

And before anyone brings up the 770... There was a 780. And a 780 ti. And a titan. And 750ti even. REALLY? Even if those don't count because they were later... The 770 came out 40 USD cheaper than the 680, not 125 more.

What are you even talking about?

You realize the fury x, fury nano and fury are basically the same thing nvidia did with those cards you're taking about...

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Since the Fury X comes with the water cooling solution installed, i didn't compare pricing to a 980 + a closed loop system, but chose to compare it to the 980s i could find with the cooler already attached. AMD may also have meant that the standard Fury X is air cooled 649, while the water cooled solution is priced higher. And while the price point may hint at performance, it's exactly that, a hint at performance. Also, the Fury (no x) air is priced at 549USD which is around 50USD above the cheapest 980s.

The 980 was priced at $550+ but price was dropped due to the release of the 980 Ti. So the Fury (air cooled) is still technically priced the same as the 980.

I believe the non x fury has 500 less stream processors.

@Curufinwe_wins the compute performance was like 20% higher than the Titan X, so I think it will be faster for sure.

They kept saying it's the new fastest gpu I'm the world, a d saying that without it being true wouldn't be the best marketing idea ever.

We can hope, the price doesn't impress that upon us though. AMD architecture is horrifying. The 290x sits in between the 970 and 980 but with its 5.6 TFLOPS is significantly more than either (3.5 and 4.6 respectively).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

They kept saying it's the new fastest gpu I'm the world, a d saying that without it being true wouldn't be the best marketing idea ever.

No one actually bothers about what was said during a product launch. Look at Apple, every time a new iPhone is released (non S versions). "The best smartphone" "The best iPhone". No one down plays their own product launch.

What are you even talking about?

You realize the fury x, fury nano and fury are basically the same thing nvidia did with those cards you're taking about...

Thats one new card. Yes upon reflection, three of those are the same for the most part, although there was still the GM107 and GK110 new for that generation compared to just the one.(whatever the fuck the fury core is)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Edit

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

@Curufinwe_wins the compute performance was like 20% higher than the Titan X, so I think it will be faster for sure.

I could have sworn the E3 presentation said they where the same. Maybe I am wrong. It would make sense to me that the water cooler is 100 bucks especially since its integrated.

The Titan X clearly thermal throttles at stock configurations https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=137&v=v-95m6N2qec. My point about it wasn't that the thermal throttle was extreme, it isn't, but that the water cooled design of the Fury X will allow for overclocking. Whereas the Titan X cannot possibly overclock better than the Fury X if it thermal throttles at stock configurations

I guess you failed to notice the fan speed never rose above 49%. Here's an outlandish concept: make a custom fan profile! My Titan X never exceeds 70 degrees even while overclocked. Every stock cooler card gets toasty if you rely solely on the stock fan profile. My previous 780s were no different, too.

It's not thermal limited; it's power limited. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The Fury X is meant to go head to head with the 980Ti Not the Titan X. I'm pretty sure AMD has done their own benchmarking that's why they aren't making quotes of hitting Titan X performance (they probably know it can't).

It's still 4GB of VRAM though, wished it was higher. 4GB isn't going to "future proof" much.

No offense (I know it has an extra 6 gigs) but I personally feel this point is null, no? I mean it is already a known fact the Titan X is irrelevant to compare it to a 980 TI...The 980 TI can outperform the TITAN X and it has already been proven time and again on many benches...Am I missing something??... 

In fact, a couple of OC'ed Titan X's have not overclocked past 1450 clocks... 980 TI's are pushing over 1500 STABLE...

There were "leaks" that said this but at the e3 conference they implied that they are exactly the same except the Fury is air cooled at 550 and the Fury X is water cooled at 650

No offense (I know it has an extra 6 gigs) but I personally feel this point is null, no? I mean it is already a known fact the Titan X is irrelevant to compare it to a 980 TI...The 980 TI can outperform the TITAN X and it has already been proven time and again on many benches...Am I missing something??... 

In fact, a couple of OC'ed Titan X's have not overclocked past 1450 clocks... 980 TI's are pushing over 1500 STABLE...

You do realize that the Ti and the X are very very close in performance and that the Ti can actually beat the X in a few instances like the MSI G1. If I'm AMD the Ti is the card to beat especially since the Fury X has a water cooler to boot at the same price which should in theory give it better overclocks than the Ti.

You do realize that the Ti and the X are very very close in performance and that the Ti can actually beat the X in a few instances like the MSI G1. If I'm AMD the Ti is the card to beat especially since the Fury X has a water cooler to boot at the same price which should in theory give it better overclocks than the Ti.

Can you provide benchmarks (other than Linus' as his Titan X's boost clock is abysmal) proving it outperforms a Titan X? 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_980_ti_g1_gaming_soc_review,14.html

There are a couple of benchmarks where the MSI G1 wins and then there this

Jayztwocents did a review and when really pushed hard they are within less than 3 fps in all tests.

I wish Guru3d would mention the boost clock of their Titan X. 

The Titan X beats the reference 980ti in every game across every resolution. G1 980ti (Gigabyte, not MSI :P) boosts to 1291 in "OC Mode"-- the mode it was tested in.

Thoughts? No benchmarks tho.. (yet)

And nvidia will launch 980 Ti plus or Titan X Black lol

And nvidia will launch 980 Ti plus or Titan X Black lol

Problem with that is that the Titan X is already a fully enabled chip. They would have to make a new one. The 980 Ti plus would be... a Titan X?

Problem with that is that the Titan X is already a fully enabled chip. They would have to make a new one. The 980 Ti plus would be... a Titan X?

yea.. i really hope so. because i plan to get a 980 Ti and that will be so shitty if they launch another newer 980 Ti lol

i don't want it happen again. i bought my 780 around 2 months before they launch 780 Ti.

i was pissed 

they've never done that "Ti" things on something 80 before. 

yea.. i really hope so. because i plan to get a 980 Ti and that will be so shitty if they launch another newer 980 Ti lol

i don't want it happen again. i bought my 780 around 2 months before they launch 780 Ti.

i was pissed 

they've never done that "Ti" things on something 80 before. 

i would wait for 3rd party fury reviews before buying anything...its only 5 days away from release

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man