My First Build (Advice?)

Hello, so this is my first time building a computer and I want to make sure I do it right and get the most bang for my buck. So if you guys could look over my parts list and maybe tell where I could save money without sacrificing performance or even where it would be worth it to spend a little extra for an extra feature, etc. I don't really care about making my case look good, so it won't have a side panel and things like LED lights won't be necessary.

Part List:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

(I'm not sure if I'll be overclocking this, could some one let me know how feasible overclocking would be based on my hardware choices?)

Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

(I'm really not sure about this motherboard, if some one has a better alternative I'm open to suggestions)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

(Just curious if the extra $50 for 16GB instead of 8GB is worth it)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive & Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

(Since this is my first build, I'd like to have plenty of support for cable management and ease of use, if there's a case similar to this for cheaper, I'd like to know about it)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor: Dell P2213 60Hz 22.0" Monitor

(Open to monitor suggestions, but it doesn't need to be big and I don't want to pay that much)

The full list can be found here:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jW8MYJ

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FkM3Q7

this is cheaper and has a better CPU, and the R9 380x does better than a 4GB 960.

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

If you're going for an i5 I would suggest the 4690k at least. Also the 8GB more of RAM may be worth it depending on how many processes you often run at a time and if you have the money to spend on it. You can always wait and see since you do have 4 slots for RAM. You can just order 2 more sticks to put in.

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Good way to go with the 4GB model of the 960, that is much more useful then the 2GB model and for only a little bit more (~$50)

I would think about upgrading your cooling to the Corsair H60 or H80i so you can overclock it a little bit more to get the most out of your i5 but the 212 does a good job of cooling it as well.

Unless you do heavy content creation (and based on your hardware choices I don't think you do) 8GB of RAM should be fine but it would be a good upgrade in the future. That extra $50 that you would spend if you were to buy the 16GB kit could go to a i5-4690K processor (You would have to get a new motherboard but I think you could find one that is the same price or cheaper)

Overall a good base build that can be upgraded in the future.

Happy Building,

pjdimer

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FkM3Q7

this build uses a better I5, and is cheaper

the R9 280x performs just as well as the 960, and is cheaper

the case is just cheaper and superior

the PSU allows for expansion in the future

cheaper monitor

i would recommend a different SSD, but if you REALLY want he 240 at that price, that will do.

Also that keyboard is a bit expensive

Solitaire. 

380x?

twas a typo my friend

Solitaire. 

personally i have goten bored with define series, thay have nothing really special on the design

if you really care about the (design like i do) take a look at some other cases at this price point

(dont take me wrong these cases are awesome, just dont expect someone to say WOW by their design)

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

I wouldn't have trusted a system like that on such a lowly PSU myself

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W