Wooden M-ATX HTPC

BluHyena

So, i figured it was about time to do a system build here on LTT.

A few weeks ago, my buddy called me up and talked about upgrading his CPU, since he was having difficulty playing Witcher 3. Long story short, he ends up hiring me to gut his old PC and install all new hardware. I got his old system out of the deal, but the problem is, there's no case with it.

Instead of taking the easy way out and buying a case for about $40 for this M-ATX Motherboard, I choose to completely manufacture a compact case for the build. Anyways, onto the specs for this PC

Like I said before, these components were my friend's old computer, which is about 2-3 years old at this point.

MOBO: MSI A78M-E35

APU: AMD A10-7700 

GPU: PowerColor R7 240 DDR3 LP

RAM: 2x Samsung 2gb DDR3 1066mhz

HDD: Seagate Momentus Thin 320gb 2.5" (or whatever I choose to put in there, I have several spare drives at the moment)

PSU: Cheap 350W PSU that came with the build (Worked for 2 years, seems good enough)*

I have made a VERY rough drawing in AutoCAD which you can download and view here. (I havent used the program in about 3 years, pretty rusty on it, and I cannot do 3D modeling at all.)

I should add pictures later, but I've never done this kind of thing before, so there may not be as many pictures as I would like.