Wheel and Pedals (Non-racing)

KeithD

Hi,

My Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia wheel and pedals kit has served me fairly well but it has given up recently. One of the pedals has started to go and the wheel has lost it's centre (that is, if you let it go the wheel will stop anywhere within the centre 15 degrees or so). 

I do not play racing games, but I do play ETS2/Bus Driver and other non-racing driving games (or even games which involve driving at any point; Watch Dogs, GTAV). That doesn't mean I want to exclude racing games whatsoever, just that I don't need a clutch and shifter or any 'pro' racing setups. 

Can anyone recommend a good quality wheel and pedal set for PC with a maximum budget of £100 (~$150)? I'm just a casual gamer so I really don't want to spend much more than that.

Cheers!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 .:. Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz .:. Graphics Card: MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC 2GB

Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1x 1000GB WD Blue .:. RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill RipjawzX 2133MHz .:. CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Case: NZXT H440 Black/Red .:. PSU: Corsair CX600M .:. Fans: 5x 120mm AeroCool Dead Silence, 1x 140mm AeroCool Dead Silence

One of the lowerend Thrustmaster wheels? Not sure if the T60/T80 works on PC but it's rated for PS3/PS4 so its worth looking into. Alternatively, you can try to look for the old Logitech Momo wheels - I had that as my first and had no issues whatsoever. The Logitech Drivingforce GT is the same as the Momo, only with added features.

10293419_1.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Apparently the Thrustmaster T100 can work with the PC (http://www.dabs.com/products/thrustmaster-t100-force-feedback-racing-wheel-91Y5.html; "Force Feedback wheel with large pedal set for ultra-realistic sensations in your PC and PlayStation®3 games") so the T60 and T80 probably will too. Good shout, thanks!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 .:. Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz .:. Graphics Card: MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC 2GB

Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1x 1000GB WD Blue .:. RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill RipjawzX 2133MHz .:. CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Case: NZXT H440 Black/Red .:. PSU: Corsair CX600M .:. Fans: 5x 120mm AeroCool Dead Silence, 1x 140mm AeroCool Dead Silence

I'm curious about how the new Logitech wheels will be like.

I'm curious about how the new Logitech wheels will be like.

There are going to be (or already are) new Logitech wheels out?

Yeah, the G920 and G29. But sadly, I just noticed the price of them. Which is much too high for your budget :c

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/384628-logitech-release-two-new-wheels-bad-news-for-xbox-users/

Yeah that's unfortunately way more than I'd be happy to pay for something I use maybe once a week, I appreciate the link though!

Yeah that's unfortunately way more than I'd be happy to pay for something I use maybe once a week, I appreciate the link though!

I would check out eBay for used G27 wheels. You might get lucky and find one used for £100.

I thought they said they were pulling out of wheel manafacturing? (this was around 2 years ago when I heard it)

Yeah, the G920 and G29. But sadly, I just noticed the price of them. Which is much too high for your budget :c

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/384628-logitech-release-two-new-wheels-bad-news-for-xbox-users/