Is my PSU causing me problems? [Please Answer]

Hey everyone, I created a thread a few days ago and it was so long and confusing I guess no one wanted to help, I just have a question here I want to ask, here is the thread BTW, 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382453-computer-freezing-driver-crash-afterwards/ 

Long story short, my computer has been causing me problems freezing randomly during everyday tasks and gaming, it's been happening for a year and I tried a lot of things to fix it, but nothing has really worked. Now I tried doing this fix a few days ago. http://www.computertipsfree.com/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered-nvlddmkm-nvidia-atikmdag-ati-windows-7-vista-xp/after trying FIX 2 my driver stopped crashing, but the freeze still happens. Anyway my question is my PSU causing this from shortage or not enough watts? It's a 650 truepower antec PSU and here's some evidence to support a bad PSU.

• Freezing and audio distortion when it happens.
  • When I replaced my Hard Drive with a SSD the computer failed to boot up for a whole day, staying in an infinite boot cycle
  • I noticed when fans are left at full RPM they start to slow down themselves after a while, maybe a sound illusion but it's very noticeable as my PC sits next to my face.
  • Recently I noticed that my PC takes around 12 seconds to actually turn on, which is unusual. Windows and BIOS load fast, but takes time to turn on.
  • PSU sometimes makes strange buzzing noises when PC is turned off, it's super quite but it's noticeable.
  • Very rarely sometimes windows shuts down on it's own, this has happens several times before. 

Try running a stress test like AIDA64.

Also, what are your specs?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

My CPU is overclocked to 4.4 ghz and I have ran plenty of stress tests before with no crashes, unless you mean a GPU stress test in which case I only recently changed my GPU so it cant e that surely? 

specs?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Strange buzzing noise.... You got a problem there...

specs?

All specs are in my information tab

Also, what are your specs?

Click on my Profile and you will see...

• CPU

Intel core i5 2500k 4.4 ghz.

• Motherboard

Gigabyte z68ap-d3

• RAM

2x 4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz

• GPU

1x Asus Strix 970

• Case

Corsair CC-9011020-WW Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Computer Case - Steel Silver

• Storage

850 Evo SSD 500 GB Main Drive/WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue, ( Other 500GB Hard Drive.)

• PSU

TRUEPOWER 650 Watt PSU

• Display(s)

1920x1080p 60Hz AOC gaming monitor.

• Cooling

Cooler Master 212 Evo, /w corsair fans.

• Keyboard

Corsair k90.

• Mouse

Razer Naga 2014 Edition.

• Sound

Plantronics GameCom 788 USB PC/Gaming Headset

• Operating System

Windows 7 Pro

All specs are in my information tab

well since your PSU is a (for me) unkown brand i say yeah it might be your PSU, its the ebst to alway go with known established brands, especially with something like your PSU that can kill your whole system if it's a faulty one

well since your PSU is a (for me) unkown brand i say yeah it might be your PSU, its the ebst to alway go with known established brands, especially with something like your PSU that can kill your whole system if it's a faulty one

It's an Antec Truepower 650w PSU, anyway would you think 650w is enough for the specs listed above? 

It's an Antec Truepower 650w PSU, anyway would you think 650w is enough for the specs listed above? 

it should be enough, altough since you ahve OCed your CPU that far it might hit it's limit, best thing to find out is do a complete stresstest(gpu+cpu) and see if it's stable

it should be enough, altough since you ahve OCed your CPU that far it might hit it's limit, best thing to find out is do a complete stresstest(gpu+cpu) and see if it's stable

Thanks for the reply, well I've been having this issue for about a year now way before I overclocked anything. I have ran multiple stress tests before but the problem seems to happen the most while watching videos on youtube, other times it's just random. Could it be possible that my wifi card or my sound card could possibly causing this issue as sound cuts out before the freeze takes place, and the internet goes out on my computer after the PC recovers.

Antec's a pretty reputable brand, actually. They've been in the game for a while and used to be the big name in PSU's before Corsair entered the market if I recall.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Antec's a pretty reputable brand, actually. They've been in the game for a while and used to be the big name in PSU's before Corsair entered the market if I recall.

Corsair lol.

Do you have a multi-tester? You could check the voltage on an extra 4 pin d type conector and see if the voltage is constant.

I'd try a BIOS update and windows reinstall, as those are free, before then spending money on a new PSU.

"Rawr XD"

Yes, more then enough. I have a 970 as well, and a Phenom X6 (which uses more power then i5) running perfectly fine off an Antec NeoPower 550W.

"Rawr XD"

My guess would be motherboard or psu. If you can borrow one, change it out and test it. Normally a bad psu will just shut it off completely. A multimeter is a great idea but, it might not be able to show you the info needed. If you know anyone with a oscilloscope, they can see exactly what is happening.